Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 07:43 AM
Skeleton

Default Chaos in the Mist

It's been some time since this little adventurer had the time or energy to share adventures. So many things in my mind, yet so much that needs to be said. Time and time again, I have stood with my brethren against all odds, and to this day lament the tasks that still beckon me. It wasn't that I wanted to prepare this journal, it was the tasks themselves that force my hand. As clear as a sunrise, I can still remember, the chaos in the City of Mist.

Many battles have been waged in the City, since I first arrived there. Sometimes venturing outside to mentally prepare myself. I can never leave it behind for good...for now. The day before was no different. My circle of soldiers had dwindled down to the most loyal and most wise. A well seasoned dagger-user named Arib 'Ah. With simple tools and the will to strike them down, she fell even the mightiest demons. I rewarded her richly time and time again for her prowess in battle. Arib 'Ah would often turn to me confused. Why had she been rewarded? Why not the others? My answer was as clear as the day: Love. I learned from HIM, that love is one of the strongest weapons against those who set out to destroy us. Bless HIM wherever he may be. That being said, my trusty dagger-user and I spent many, what felt like weeks, dispatching wave after wave of undead minions in the filth of the legendary Stables of Mist.

It wasn't very long into our respite that we managed to spot another thing. It wasn't human for sure, nor was it a troll. My friend looked at me and said it must be one of the "lizard men" from the land not far from us. His appearance was masked with leather and hides, which made it difficult for me to discern. But for Arib 'Ah, it was no mystery. She called to the Thing. It's name was Man N'Ky. Still unsure to this day whether man or female mind you. Man N'Ky was set in his task. Busy slaying the monster golems who pursued travelers on their way deeper into the city. It would have been a routine encounter for me and my trusted Arib 'Ah, but today was different. Evil would show its face again, and even more hideous than before.

This THING begged to join us in our adventure. Hesitant, for sure. Man N'Ky struck a nerve in me. I had seen this type in a place far away: High Keep. We ushered him away from our hold, and prepared for our next encounters, but it wasn't meant to be. Before I had a chance to ready myself, I noticed this THING striking golems nearby. It was way too close for my small circle, and I had to take action. Within seconds, I lifted my hand and stopped my creation, Xibaritik0000. There was no other choice but to make way for the exit of the City. Following closely behind this THING, I was stunned. Man N'KY had fallen dead. A usual ploy used by these "lizard men" to escape or manipulate the evil powers. His prey had become his servants. This adventurer was trapped. My fate was sealed. Luckily, my little Arib 'Ah was safe. Bless her always.

I woke up some time later not knowing how it all happened. Alone and without my magic tools or my creation, I stumbled till I recovered my senses. Within seconds I was at the City entrance. Waiting, wondering, and upset I was fooled. Evil knows no boundaries. Luckily I had the strength to pass through the force into the city to make my way back to my friend. As I walked through the city, still stunned, I saw the THING again. Hideous. The mask of kindness and care gone. A shell with no good left inside. I called to Arib 'Ah and she called back to me. "You're alive, thank the Gods." It warmed my heart, but I had to steal my heart for the confrontation. The war was just beginning inside me. Righteous must prevail.

With a call, I made contact with Man N'Ky. It, maybe he, was cold as ice. He was unmoved by his devotion to evil. But as a magic user, patience and bravery are skills we all possess. We have to. Before I had the chance to gather my gems, it came over and set next to me. Arib 'Ah drew her daggers to protect me, but I waved her on. This was a sign. He sat very close. Squatting prostrate to my right. Was he recognizing his evil? Did he come to join? Unsure! He got close enough that I could feel his breath on my shoulder. He whispered softly, "It will get worse, before it gets better." It was just a matter of time, I felt. Immediately leaping to my feet, I prepared myself. "Daggers at the ready," I yelled to Arib 'Ah. It wasn't even a split second before Man N'KY, as it is known, disappeared. What kind of magic is this? What was to come? I found out. A caster appeared in his spot. From what I can gather from writings, and memory, his name was En 'Nis. He was quick and adept. His powers to grab the hordes and possess them as his own was remarkable. A second of relief turned to fear, as he launched these forces against us. Training us, I thought. Teaching us how to be stronger. "Not possible", Arib 'Ah yelled. She begged me to leave as quickly as my little legs could carry me. I still cry to this day at the loss of Xibaritik0000. He gave his soul for us. That evil force. Luckily, I lived to tell this tale. En 'Niss unleashed hell I heard in the city. A hell that happens every blue moon, and thankfully no more often.

With only one choice left, I petitioned the Gods. "Deliver us from this evil", I cried out. It might have been the emotion, but I passed out. Some time later, I woke up and I was back with Arib 'Ah and my summoned companion. We swore to never talk about it, but I couldn't hold it in anymore. For all you travelers, it's only right to tell you about the Chaos in the Mist. Bless Us All.
Closed Thread