Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-22-2023, 01:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. That would be idiotic. And if you don't think "my colleagues in healthcare" aren't some of the meanest people to walk the planet. Yeah if I think someone is an idiot, I'll let them know why are, using workplace appropriate words, and cite reasons why.
Kk haven’t been given reasons to doubt your cred, so I’ll take that at face value

Damn then girl, props
Old 08-22-2023, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not saying you were trolling before, but would you say to your colleagues in healthcare straight to their face that they are “low intelligence” if it were true?

Sure some do it IRL as well though, not denying that. I get it in my job I wouldn’t say all the time, but definitely sometimes. Usually from drunk people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The rest I guess I agree with too. It’s hard to find an an apology that perfectly fits on the spot sometimes. But both are after a negative reaction
When it comes down to it, trolling is mischief. And it serves a function in society where people are a little too pro-social. Too agreeable. Too unwilling to engage in conflict. There's huge echo-chambers online where people lose their own ego to the herd when comes to their own opinions. It's subtle and people don't always notice it happening. People like me like to fuck with people like them. Shake up their world view a little and give them opportunity to reassess why they feel that way. You're a shrink and a tool of the man to maintain social order, so naturally trolls kinda don't sit well with you. But it's important to agitate groups of people, because like water... they go fucking stagnant.
Old 08-22-2023, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

Also the low int comment was directed at whoever Trexller is with his hurrr you're trans remark.
Old 08-22-2023, 02:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When it comes down to it, trolling is mischief. And it serves a function in society where people are a little too pro-social. Too agreeable. Too unwilling to engage in conflict. There's huge echo-chambers online where people lose their own ego to the herd when comes to their own opinions. It's subtle and people don't always notice it happening. People like me like to fuck with people like them. Shake up their world view a little and give them opportunity to reassess why they feel that way. You're a shrink and a tool of the man to maintain social order, so naturally trolls kinda don't sit well with you. But it's important to agitate groups of people, because like water... they go fucking stagnant.
Welllll, I work in BH but def not credentialed enough to call myself a shrink [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And I am def big on order and manners IRL, which is why that aspect of Japanese culture really resonates with me (although I am definitely not one of those…whatever the word is for huge fans of Japanese culture or anime)

But online, I can definitely engage in some “feud” type trolling too. Chortles and I used to go back and forth, and I even got into it with CD288 recently, which actually didn’t end that well for me due to him pulling out a very unexpected trump (meaning the term, not the person) card to my personal attacks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don’t even have as good of a higher order thinking justification as you. I don’t tend to go after people, but when someone persistently goes at me, I take some sort of sick glee in thinking up creative ways to insult them back. And I assume that many people reading are entertained by the drama, even though many probably wouldn’t admit it

This is speaking for myself only obv
Old 08-22-2023, 02:15 AM
Banned

* frustrating not being able to edit out a “definitely” or 2, but /shrug posting when high…it happens
Old 08-22-2023, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

I think a lot of people are conflict adverse, which is a nicer word for my page 2 rant. For better or worse I am not. I think it probably correlates to low Big 5 agreeableness. I don't think conflict is necessarily a negative. A lot of people here have called me a troll over the years, and that's probably accurate... but I'm not really sure what those idiots mean by that and I imagine they don't know either. Because they're idiots.
Old 08-22-2023, 02:23 AM
Planar Protector

I'm quite tired good night.
Old 08-22-2023, 07:37 AM
Planar Protector

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhythm_0

Long before the internet people were writing every uncensored thing imaginable on public bathroom walls/stalls and tablet arm desks in high school. The one that was commonplace at the main high school I went to was LAO, written as...

L
A
O

...to resemble an upside down stick figure jerking off.

At first, students would write it in pen but once their artwork started being removed, they carved it into the wood. As to why? Idk. Without over thinking it, we are slightly evolved animals but animals all the same. Everyone has aggression by nature but in society not everyone has an acceptable way of expressing it openly. Some do, some don't, others figure out more productive ways to manage it. There is money to be made from beating people in the face repeatedly or becoming a shock jock.
Old 08-22-2023, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

Spacing won't display it properly so...

Old 08-22-2023, 07:43 AM
Sarnak

being nice is not a social skill i was born with
dont shame me