Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 12:05 AM
Kobold

Default Unable to loot

Several times I have went to loot someone else's kill (Froon, an ogre captain in WK), and I can con it, determine I am in the looting time, but every time I try to loot with a right click or with the /loot command, it says I am too far from it, even though I am on top of the mob or even inside it. I have tried moving around and through it from different angle, but to no avail. I have never had it happen on any kill of mine.

Any ideas?
Old 01-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Since you are trying to loot someone else's kill (which is technically ninja looting, unless you have permission), they likely killed it while you were in another part of the zone. Your client isn't updated with the exact kill location the server recorded since you weren't there at the time, so you see the body at the location your client has instead.

If you zone/camp and come back, then you will see that the body updates on your client to the location the server recorded as the location of death.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:48 AM
Kobold

Thank you. I thought it might be something like that, especially since it happened with large models.
Closed Thread