Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 06:37 AM
Large Rat

I think Unleashed's comment is great! I may do that ( 'maybe' only temporarily) and see if anyone notices!
Old 04-08-2020, 08:46 AM
Sarnak

Always keep gate mem'd. Groups are full of stupid people and stupid people can get you killed. Always have a way out.

If you're spending more time/mana healing DPS then that DPS should spend more time dead instead. They're not doing their job properly if they're making yours harder.

10-15% mana is OOM. Never run completely dry in group settings. Save some for Gate or an emergency root.

If you do find yourself at full mana, try to not stay there too long. Refresh a buff or chuck a nuke. Full mana is wasted mana (in my opinion).
Old 04-08-2020, 09:56 AM
Large Rat

There's probably more useful info on this thread for a tyro Healer than most orther places, so thanks to all.

V Good hint about keeping Gate mem'd as well.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
heal only the tank. let the rest of the group figure out what theyve done wrong
Need more of this. Would really help the server. I have done this before and it feels great!
Old 04-08-2020, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

As a full blown brave fighter, I always keep gate AND divine aura memmed.

Secretly I also keep divine barrier up too, for full coward, I mean brave fighter status.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a full blown brave fighter, I always keep gate AND divine aura memmed.

Secretly I also keep divine barrier up too, for full coward, I mean brave fighter status.
Me too. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] /salute

People are shocked when I tell them I have 3 spell gems dedicated to DA, DB, and Gate, plus a fourth one that's always Root, because not having some kind of Root available can cause you to die or train or flee... And I'm like, yeah, I have to sit and mem other spells a ton, but that's the cost of being prepared.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

Standard spell load-out.

Small heal
Big heal
Stun
[open]
Root
Gate
Divine Barrier
Divine Aura

Bound outside of a dungeon mostly, or at a convenient travel distance.

As the circumstances allow I swap out/use the open slot for Stun for Nuke or Buff, depends on what is happening. If it is a group which doesn't need much healing, then I can even swap a heal for another stun (Holy Might) or a nuke. Sometimes Gate is replaced by another Stun, or Pacify if pulling requires it. Stun-locking mobs can be more mana efficient than healing.

Raiding is something different.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Me too. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] /salute

People are shocked when I tell them I have 3 spell gems dedicated to DA, DB, and Gate, plus a fourth one that's always Root, because not having some kind of Root available can cause you to die or train or flee... And I'm like, yeah, I have to sit and mem other spells a ton, but that's the cost of being prepared.
Sometimes you 1 v 1 a wizard and he uses his best nuke 1 time on DA on accident, then uses his best nuke 1 more time on DB because he didn't think you had that. Then you got an idol in your pocket, and you're full buffed, so he no longer has enough mana to kill you. RIP.

But having both DA and DB up is kind of a lot. I am contemplating more aggressive and more manly strategies that may remove gate in favor of more versatility ready at hand.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, Gustoo, I think you can remove Gate to free up a spell slot while DA and DB are available. If you need to Gate in a time of safety, you can temporarily forget another spell; if you need to Gate in the middle of a battle, you can use DA or DB, forget it, mem Gate, and click it off and gate.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

DA and DB don't mean much if you're really deep in a dungeon. Just pick whichever safety spells you prefer.

I like the look of horror on my allies faces when they see the bubbles of their doom from the cleric. Gate is best.

And I can use it on all my casters so I don't ever have to really think about my egress plan. Push the button and hope it doesn't fail.
Closed Thread