Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-21-2020, 11:57 PM
Fire Giant

Default Daemon Lite - New Version

Ok full disclosure I am very bad with computers. It is a miracle I was ever able to get p99 going in the first place.

So here is the story. Under quarantine I've got the itch after taking about a year off. I have all 5 discs in my possession but my computer doesn't have a disc drive. I went through the process of installing Daemon Lite but the new interface is not even remotely close to what is on the wiki.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could get back on p99 given that I have all the files? I apologize if this is a dumb request but on YouTube all the videos on Daemon Lite are older versions and the new interface is different.

I have an external plug in coming from Amazon due on the 27th but I would prefer to play before then if possible. Thank you in advance for the help!

Barlu
Old 03-22-2020, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

What OS are you running? Win7 and above have built in support for mounting disc images. Just right click the image file and select mount.

This of course assumes you already created said images from your discs. If you haven't then you'll need to wait for your external drive to arrive and create images then (I like imgburn for that, and it's pretty straightforward) or you'll need to "sail the high seas" to obtain images.

-Mcoy
Old 03-22-2020, 12:32 AM
Fire Giant

Hey McCoy,

Thanks for the response. You are a hero on th boards and in game. You helped me with my final monk epic fight. Couldn’t have done it without you.

As for Windows. I have Windows 10. I have a folder with all the contents of the 5 discs. There is no option to mount? Am I missing something ?

Thanks again everyone.

Barlu.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:34 AM
Fire Giant

Also this is for a laptop I use for work and I get Sea Sick sometimes so I won’t be sailing the high seas.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Oh - if you dumped the contents that's a bit different - Win10 can only mount disc images, not base folders. You can try just running the installer, but it will likely complain about not finding the dat files or whatever from each disc.

If, when you dumped the contents, you put them in separate subfolders then that program I mentioned earlier (imgburn) can create iso files from a source folder. Otherwise you'd need to split them up etc.

If you already have the game installed elsewhere, you can just copy and paste the entire game folder and it'll run. If it won't fire up initially just delete or rename eqclient.ini and it'll generate a new one upon launch.

-Mcoy
Old 03-24-2020, 12:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey McCoy,

Thanks for the response. You are a hero on th boards and in game. You helped me with my final monk epic fight. Couldn’t have done it without you.

As for Windows. I have Windows 10. I have a folder with all the contents of the 5 discs. There is no option to mount? Am I missing something ?

Thanks again everyone.

Barlu.
just run setup.exe from that combined folder. if it asks you to "insert disk 2" or whatever, select that folder that has all the files