Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 09:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still go to work mon-fri and have wanted a DE mask on a druid since 99. I don't think it is going to happen =(
Is it impossible for you to make friends? After all, that is what this game is about.

Once you have done that, they can take shifts and you can get to your goal. Where there is a will, there is a way.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

You could just as easily say the pandemic screwed you out of the guise, or your boss, or the govt, or maybe it's the devs, or was it brad, or god?

Definitely not you though
Old 04-07-2020, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

it was brad imo
Old 04-07-2020, 11:03 PM
Kobold

Just when you thought the sense of entitlement and level of whining could not get any worse among this population, it goes to a whole new level.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I already answered this pretty solidly: remove thresholds, use artificial GMs instead.

Instead of /list creating a "threshold requirement" (no sleep for days), it would work exactly like showing up for a player-agreement-roll (for Scout, Shady Goblin, etc.). You indicate you want to be a part of the roll with /list, and then you wait for the mob to pop: when it does you get a "roll" to get that mob.

Furthermore, I'd argue that this sort of mechanism should be used on every "competed for" mob, not just legacy item mobs. Why shouldn't (say) Hadden work the same way?

Players who play P99 16 hours a day have the exact same chance of winning any individual roll as the players who play P99 16 minutes a day ... but the person showing up for 16 hours of rolls in a row is of course far more likely to get the item.
Would the winner be the only person able to damage the mob? Would it be loot locked to them? What if they were killing it 'for a friend' or an alt? What would prevent a guild from showing up in force each time and then just awarding the item later to whomever they want?
This is one of the more unclassic suggestions I've heard. Why not just hand out the items...make a NPC that will just give you the contested item when you hail it? Do that for everything people fight over, and there ya go, problem solved....and game over, because as soon as everyone got their little prized items, they would get bored and wander off.
Your (the OP, and various people in the thread, and not just Loramin) take-away from a world wide deadly pandemic is...waaaa now I can't get my stuff I want? But, but...I always wanted it it! How about you guys get over your ridiculous whining and just play the damn game. No, you aren't going to get everything you want. If you don't like it, there are other worlds than these.
Last edited by fadetree; 04-08-2020 at 09:10 AM..
Old 04-08-2020, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

If everyone had the decency to poop in a sock, drink mountain dew and not wash then water utility wouldn't even be an essential employment.

Big sip for OP.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I work for American Water (water utility) in Pennsylvania.

The Pandemic gave so many players unlimited time to /list for a legacy item.

a little rough math:

10 players on the list when I show up as #11

2 PH spawns per hour

*maybe* a 20% chance for assassin to spawn

*Maybe* a 20% chance for the guise to drop

So if a guise drops say, every other assassin spawn (being generous on drop rate)

That is a minimum of 30 hours straight in 1 sitting for spot #11 to get a mask

(I know that others have been lucky, or not lucky and camped 60 hours)

I have a job considered essential critical and I do not work from home. There is no chance in hell that I will even have an opportunity to /list for this item. I will not ever have 30+ hours to sit in front of my computer.

The Pandemic made all these lists go deep in player count, before the pandemic, players would log off because they had to go do grown up stuff, like work their job.

The Devs made the /list system to make the legacy loot distribution a little more fair.

The Pandemic has turned that fair system AGAINST players who cannot poopsock 30-60 hours.

The /list system has worked well. However something should be done to counter the Pandemic stay at home orders. (i don't have any good ideas aside from increasing spawn and drop rate)

The Pandemic made all these lists go deep in player count, before the pandemic, players would log off because they had to go do grown up stuff, like work their job.

Before the Pandemic, I would have had at least a CHANCE to camp a guise or manastone, but now, because I still have to work, and the rest of you do not, I'm shafted out of the item.

I don't want handouts, I don't even want things changed really, but it needs to be recognized that the Pandemic has caused every list to be 10+ players 24/7 with wait times ranging at a 24 hour minimum to upwards of 60-70 hours.

So maybe someone could come up with a solution, not a handout, a solution to address that players who can work from home, under the stay-at-home order have a MASSIVE advantage over people like me, who work a job considered Essential Critical, to even have half a chance in hell at obtaining a legacy item.

Due to the Pandemic, I have no chance at obtaining legacy items before they are removed.

Enjoy your lives at home if you can, just remember people like me make that life possible. People like me are the reason your electricity and water are still flowing during this public shutdown.

But you, you can have your guise and 8 manastones, sure.
NO1CURR. This server is for the 1%.

Anybody with an atom of awareness rolling around in their head can see the current crushing population has been detrimental for game play enjoyment and Teal should be reopened. I guess we want to join the likes of the UFC, Holly lobby and other tone deft to a global pandemic going on.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:50 AM
Banned

There are too many people in my massively multiplayer online game, Skyrim never treated me like this

Thats it!.. screw you guys im going to play Fallout76
Old 04-08-2020, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would the winner be the only person able to damage the mob? Would it be loot locked to them? What if they were killing it 'for a friend' or an alt? What would prevent a guild from showing up in force each time and then just awarding the item later to whomever they want?
Real question time: do you understand how "/list 1.0" currently works on Green? Because this discussion was not about implementing some entirely new system: it was about "/list 2.0".

Every person in this ten page thread understood that since no one was talking about (say) changing how damaging /list mobs works, that it wouldn't change ... everyone except you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is one of the more unclassic suggestions I've heard. Why not just hand out the items...make a NPC that will just give you the contested item when you hail it? Do that for everything people fight over, and there ya go, problem solved....and game over, because as soon as everyone got their little prized items, they would get bored and wander off.
Let's just list all the options, and if you still truly think your option is the most classic ... I think you're full of crap:
  • no rules whatsoever, ie. DPS race (one group locks down the best camps)
  • no rules except enforced camps (one group locks down the best camps)
  • "/list 1.0" ie. infinite length listing (people have to not sleep for days or trade accounts )
  • "/list 2.0" random chance to join list, or random chance to get mob/item once on it (anyone can get items, but they have to be lucky/patient ... just like everything else in EQ)
  • Fadetree solution: "make a NPC that will just give you the contested item when you hail it" ([You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

Quote:
Your (the OP, and various people in the thread, and not just Loramin) take-away from a world wide deadly pandemic is...waaaa now I can't get my stuff I want? But, but...I always wanted it it! How about you guys get over your ridiculous whining and just play the damn game. No, you aren't going to get everything you want. If you don't like it, there are other worlds than these.
Yup, you've absolutely mastered the English language, and are able to comprehend what other humans write ... even though you're basically having a conversation with the voices in your head, instead of actually meaningfully responding to what all those other humans actually wrote.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it impossible for you to make friends? After all, that is what this game is about.

Once you have done that, they can take shifts and you can get to your goal. Where there is a will, there is a way.
You're not wrong, but this response in this particular thread seems to miss the larger point.

Would you rather have to "make friends" ... that you can trust to give your account information to, and then coordinate clicking a square that pops up on the screen, non-stop, for a week straight ... or would you rather just play a damn game, and wait your turn for a chance at the item while playing?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread