Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, like, you're saying, like, all democrats want to round of babies and mow them down with AR-15s?

If you're not willing to make a distinction between allowing women access to safe and legal abortions, and "killing babies", then you are a hyperbolic moron.

If you truly believe that a majority of anyone out there thinks they can "Fuck like crazy and use abortion as birth control because men have been pigs for so long that now women should be pigs too, for empowerment's sake.", then again, you are a moron.

It's like saying all conservatives love school shootings because they're against gun control. It boils an entire complex issue down into a stupid politically catchy statement.

Do you know anyone who's actually had an abortion? Have you had a conversation with them?
Yes I do know more than one girl who has had an abortion. They both regret it. Obviously many women don't. But that's really beside the point.

And like most pro lifers, I don't want to make abortion completely illegal. I'm willing to compromise on the issue. The left are the "extremists", many of whom want abortion to be legal even in the 3rd trimester, for any reason. So you can keep making me out to be some hysterical right wing loon who opposes abortion for religious reasons, but I'm not. I oppose it for humanist reasons, for the same reason I oppose murdering any other innocent person.

There's this delusion that republicans are obsessed with controlling women's bodies. Like, no, they care about the rights of the body of the child inside. What if that baby is a little girl? What about her rights to bodily autonomy? In other words I don't oppose the religious argument against abortion, but you don't even need it.
Old 01-06-2022, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Abortion = murder.
Its easy, when an egg is fertalized the only thing that will stop it is tragedy or if you destroy it.

as far as rape, I think the punishment's for causing an abortion should be murder for the convicted rapist.

If its a medical emergency, then that's what it is, a tragedy.

Other than that call it what it is, you're terminating a life.

I think people need to realize that if you think abortion is good because it makes the life better for the living that is eugenics.

Which is fine, Im fine if we want to go that way I believe in a space faring society.

But lets call a spade a spade.
Old 01-06-2022, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you can keep making me out to be some hysterical right wing loon who opposes abortion for religious reasons, but I'm not.
I don't believe I said any of those things. What I'm saying is that when YOU make ridiculous hyperbolic statements like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now it's: Fuck like crazy and use abortion as birth control because men have been pigs for so long that now women should be pigs too, for empowerment's sake."
...You make yourself sound like a hysterical right wing loon. Your words, not mine. You undermine your entire premise when say stupid shit. Do you really not understand this?
Old 01-06-2022, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much of that CASH and POWER did Jobs take with him?

The kingdom of man crumbleth before God.
kingdom of man, but what about that vagina over there hmm?

https://macdailynews.com/2015/01/22/...-adrian-fenty/

Quote:
“It is believed the two met at a Houston education conference in 2011 and bonded over school reform; Powell is the founder of Emerson Collective, which advocates for education reform, among others, while Fenty’s focus during his mayorship with education. The following year, Fenty joined the board of College Track, a non-profit program for underserved students wanting to go to college that was co-founded by Powell.”
https://www.businessinsider.com/laur...tlantic-2017-7

Quote:
Laurene Powell Jobs, through her company Emerson Collective, will take majority ownership of The Atlantic, the company announced Friday.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...ection/620841/

Quote:
year after the insurrection, I’m trying to imagine the death of American democracy. It’s somehow easier to picture the Earth blasted and bleached by global warming, or the human brain overtaken by the tyranny of artificial intelligence, than to foresee the end of our 250-year experiment in self-government.
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...tracker-526091

Quote:
More than 150 people have pleaded guilty to storming the Capitol on Jan. 6, but relatively few defendants have received prison time for their role in the insurrection.
No charges of insurrection for 'The Insurrection'. Controlling language is the first step in controlling the argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are asserting their take through the media as truth while denouncing others as rebels. Someone should remind firehair that there are no Kings nor Queens in this country, but plenty of assholes who masquerade as them through financial matters.

The question is, will the media report them as 'the truth',will they carry the water, as their hands might be tied up behind closed doors. To really drive the point home, below that segment should be a reminder that the Press is free.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 01-06-2022 at 02:05 PM..
Old 01-06-2022, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yes I do know more than one girl who has had an abortion. They both regret it. Obviously many women don't. But that's really beside the point.

And like most pro lifers, I don't want to make abortion completely illegal. I'm willing to compromise on the issue. The left are the "extremists", many of whom want abortion to be legal even in the 3rd trimester, for any reason. So you can keep making me out to be some hysterical right wing loon who opposes abortion for religious reasons, but I'm not. I oppose it for humanist reasons, for the same reason I oppose murdering any other innocent person.

There's this delusion that republicans are obsessed with controlling women's bodies. Like, no, they care about the rights of the body of the child inside. What if that baby is a little girl? What about her rights to bodily autonomy? In other words I don't oppose the religious argument against abortion, but you don't even need it.
Single issue voters like yourself are fucking nutjobs.
Old 01-06-2022, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't believe I said any of those things. What I'm saying is that when YOU make ridiculous hyperbolic statements like...

...You make yourself sound like a hysterical right wing loon. Your words, not mine. You undermine your entire premise when say stupid shit. Do you really not understand this?
Yeah I admit I used some colorful language, however that actually *is* the attitude of many younger women. Once feminism attained it's laudable and justified goals, it kept going and began teaching girls that equality means essentially acting more like men. It says sexual liberation is acting like men, who are often total pigs. Rather than encouraging men to act better, it started encouraging women to act worse. I think it's pretty self evident that that is true, to a large extent anyway. And with that came many more abortions, not to mention single motherhood, both of which I think should be actively avoided as much as possible.
Old 01-06-2022, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Why would a Presidential candidate, of any party, come out swinging against The Media?
Old 01-06-2022, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

Because the Media is 100% left wing dipshit. Except for Faux News
Old 01-06-2022, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because the Media is 100% left wing dipshit. Except for Faux News
lol
Old 01-06-2022, 03:13 PM
Banned

Ya obviously anything printed online can be fake, but there are an entire spectrum of reasons for wanting an abortion, so if these were arranged from most valid (IMO) to least, it would go like:

(Most valid) I was raped - - - - - - (least valid) I don’t want a boy/girl

And it’s the not very valid reasons that sours my opinion on the entire thing, even though they may be a minority
Closed Thread