Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 11:39 AM
Aviak

Default Ranger Gear 40-45

I'm currently level 40 and still primarily wearing banded armor. Anyone know if any good armor to go for that I can get by soloing or grouping with similar leveled players in places that get traffic? I'm not looking to tunnel quest for any gear.

Ivy-Etched looks expensive as hell for the gear you're getting so I'm looking past that. I saw that some of the higher level Ry`Gorr orcs drop decent gear but no one seems to camp those.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

I know you say no tunnel quest but a phase spider carapace BP is cheap and really really good plus looks good
Old 02-17-2019, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Build a group to go to the Ry Gor fort and try make it a nightly thing.

Good XP to be had, and Dark Ember that drops there is great for priests!

Take a few slightly higher level friends (up to low 50s) and group the entrance to velks. Some of the spiders there drop crystalline chitin. The boots, arms and gloves iirc. Those will last you till sky shrine armour.

If you can find someone familiar with kaesora then you might be able to find some true silver armour, which has respectable AC for Kunark chain.

Outside of armour sets, brigadine tunic, azure sleeves, targishin's mask, fine silk turban are all nice options. Low weight, high AC preferably with strength and maybe hp are good to aim for.

You can use wiki to sort ranger gear by stats and look for where you may be able to hit up.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Mistmoore Castle is a good soloing location, at least during the hours when it isn't absolutely packed. Ideal for a ranger since it's outdoors, allowing you to harmony around from camp to camp. There are only a few pieces that are suitable for rangers, but they are upgrades from banded. Crested spaulders/helm, hooded black cloak, and diamondine earrings. Additionally, there's a decent chance of getting the needed drops to complete one part of the Call of Flame quest, for the level 49 ranger spell.

Also, a few zones over in Steamfont, you can check track for the Minotaur Hero. Kill and loot the needed shackles. Bank until you're in the Qeynos area for the turn-in to receive hero bracers.
Last edited by Ennewi; 02-17-2019 at 04:02 PM..
Old 02-17-2019, 10:51 PM
Aviak

Thank you all for the suggestions! Wasn't even aware of the Velks armor set but I'll likely wait until I'm closer to 50 to hide that up. I've tried getting a group together for Ry`Gorr but no interest it seems.

I'll check out some of the individual items you mentioned as well, Ennewi.
Closed Thread