Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

If we nerf all npc's that will solve this problem.
Reduce all NPC hp & dmg by 90%. Problem solved.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:20 PM
Banned

whats gina triggers?

does it tell you when charm is going to pop?
Old 09-28-2020, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whats gina triggers?

does it tell you when charm is going to pop?
No.. it just tells you what any moron who can read a yellow text message could already tell.

I don't know if his whole post is supposed to be sarcasm or stupidity frankly.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I kited 100+ mobs as a Bard until AE was nerfed. Both Chardok AE and Bard AE kiting were nerfed using the "modern technology/stability" argument. I think Channeling should be as well and if Enchanter really has no impact from this in terms of their OP charming then so be it. My experiencing playing an Enchanter though tells me it will make a major difference even with AE stun. At a minimum it will require using the stuns/mana whereas right now I just eat damage, cast through it, and regen with illusion between fights.

Also the story about Estrella is accurate. Enchanter charm is disruptive to others as it allows trivializing content and disruption. Last time I posted this thread I was told to "play an enchanter before you assume it's so easy." Well, I'm playing one now and it's even more overpowered than I thought at first and just as easy.

So we have the same reasoning to nerf channeling or charm as existed to nerf AE spells.
Lol so this guy is just salty about not being able to AoE as many mobs as he wants and disrupt zones, so now he wants to have other classes nerfed. Got it.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol so this guy is just salty about not being able to AoE as many mobs as he wants and disrupt zones, so now he wants to have other classes nerfed. Got it.
You are prolly on to something here. would also explain the fixation on nerfing channeling.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've played almost every class to 50+ on P99. I don't even really play anymore other than to entertain my young children who like the simple graphics and to "knock down" decaying skeletons. I rarely play an Enchanter now having already leveled my main to 50 and getting a manastone which I also had on blue. I just want P99 to be classic. That's all. Green relaunch was far from classic and one of the biggest things was Enchanters carrying groups with charm or soloing easily. I wouldn't point to any other class as being significantly "non-classic" except Enchanter.

I think you main an Enchanter/caster and you're upset you might get nerfed. How long ago did Bard AE get nerfed? Like years at this point? Yeah I'm really holding a grudge.

I complained about ZEM often as well and that finally got changed and everyone seems pretty happy about it. There are just a few things on P99 that are glaringly non-classic and should be addressed. I reported low HP Kith mobs. In fact, my code is also in the files you download to play here when I reverse engineered the spells file so Telin or whatever his name is could make visuals more classic. When your spells come out of your hands instead of floating straight up in the air thank me.

No, Enchanter just needs a nerf and ruins the classic atmosphere.

Item recharging, Enchanter charming, over cap INT/WIS mana amounts, and excessive interference from GMs in minor player disputes ("rule lawyering") are the only things left in my opinion to make things closer to true classic. I'd only put effort into playing here again if the raid scene wasn't 90% petitioning GMs, crying, and sending videos for review instead of actual competition.

Some people just don't want to play classic EQ they want to pretend they're playing classic EQ with enhanced channeling and other bullshit that makes P99 way easier than actual live EQ was. I'm a stickler for punishing challenging games and P99 doesn't hold up to live in that regard.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And move torpor to druids while we are at it.
BTW, Thanks for reminding me : torpor actually drained your mana and I'm not sure at what point they changed this, hell maybe it should stil be draining mana on blue.
Last time I checked shaman weren't soloing all of the traditional group camped named mobs.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:55 PM
Banned

I don't even really play anymore

Posts bunch of garbage and wants all these changes

see you in thurgadin
Old 09-29-2020, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

You do realize this does come at a cost though right? Performing as a chanter requires focus at all times. You don't get to be a half-afk lazy milking a group for exp while sailing to max level; a much bigger problem on the server at this time. I can't even tell you how many times I've seen Necro's feign death at a camp with pet on guard camping a named...
Old 09-29-2020, 05:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've played almost every class to 50+ on P99. I don't even really play anymore other than to entertain my young children who like the simple graphics and to "knock down" decaying skeletons. I rarely play an Enchanter now having already leveled my main to 50 and getting a manastone which I also had on blue. I just want P99 to be classic. That's all. Green relaunch was far from classic and one of the biggest things was Enchanters carrying groups with charm or soloing easily. I wouldn't point to any other class as being significantly "non-classic" except Enchanter.

I think you main an Enchanter/caster and you're upset you might get nerfed. How long ago did Bard AE get nerfed? Like years at this point? Yeah I'm really holding a grudge.

I complained about ZEM often as well and that finally got changed and everyone seems pretty happy about it. There are just a few things on P99 that are glaringly non-classic and should be addressed. I reported low HP Kith mobs. In fact, my code is also in the files you download to play here when I reverse engineered the spells file so Telin or whatever his name is could make visuals more classic. When your spells come out of your hands instead of floating straight up in the air thank me.

No, Enchanter just needs a nerf and ruins the classic atmosphere.

Item recharging, Enchanter charming, over cap INT/WIS mana amounts, and excessive interference from GMs in minor player disputes ("rule lawyering") are the only things left in my opinion to make things closer to true classic. I'd only put effort into playing here again if the raid scene wasn't 90% petitioning GMs, crying, and sending videos for review instead of actual competition.

Some people just don't want to play classic EQ they want to pretend they're playing classic EQ with enhanced channeling and other bullshit that makes P99 way easier than actual live EQ was. I'm a stickler for punishing challenging games and P99 doesn't hold up to live in that regard.
Too much truth, I wasn't prepared. Won't affect the trolls, but it's very well said sir.

I for one thank you,

Astuce
Closed Thread