Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-07-2021, 12:12 AM
Skeleton

Default Mouse Cursor appearing across screen after using Mouse Look

My issue is when I hold down Right click to Mouse Look my cursor will have moved across the screen when I let go (like the ingame cursor moved across the screen while I'm holding down Right click to mouse look) . normally the cursor should stay where you originally held down right click to mouse look .

it happens much more often when I'm using 1000hz Polling Rate in mouse firmware , but it still happens even when im using 125hz polling rate and I'm trying to figure out how to fix this.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:59 AM
Fire Giant

Tried a different mouse or mouse pad?
Old 05-07-2021, 02:31 AM
Sarnak

Happens to me too. I have used different mice from real old to real new, all the same. Bit of a pain, but nothing I didn't get use to.
Old 05-07-2021, 03:45 AM
Fire Giant

Does it happen in full screen mode? maybe its mouse acceleration or mouse pointer speeds in windows/linux interfering with game settings?

Look Spring in the in game settings maybe turn that off

my EQClient.ini has this
MousePointerSpeedMod=0
Old 05-07-2021, 11:45 AM
Skeleton

Happens in both windowed and full screen mode , only happens in Project 1999 no other game . I've tried many different things . lowering mouse polling rate helps but still it happens so i dont know
Old 05-07-2021, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

The client doesn't lock the mouse in place when using right click mouse look.
There is no setting or change you can make within the bounds of the titanium client to fix this.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:52 PM
Aviak

I used to get this, but it went away when I found a fix for my FPS issues. What I ended up having to do was stopping/disabling all Nvidia services.

Some people have found simpler solutions that have worked for them, but unfortunately none of them worked for me. Capping the FPS for Everquest to 60 or your monitor's refresh rate worked for some. Changing low latency mode setting in Nnidia control pannel to ULTRA also worked for some people.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

I use to have this issue but I had fixed it a while ago so I can't really remember how.

My in game Mouse Look Sensitivity is 4. I know a lot of people run high in game settings but maybe lower that and lower your mouse software settings.. Lower the DPI etc.

It might be issues with certain mouse software.. I don't use mouse software for this reason, just windows mouse configuration settings.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:59 PM
Skeleton

god i wish someone knew the right answer because I can't figure it out
Old 05-08-2021, 10:46 PM
Skeleton

Yeah.. seems to be that particular mouse firmware maybe .. my old mouse doesn't have this issue when I'm using 125hz polling rate.

bleh .. yeah don't use a roccat burst pro for project 1999 i guess, unless you want to lose your cursor half the time.

Logitech G Pro with 125hz polling rate no issue I think. except their new version with Hero 25k sensor has terrible lift off distance and no LOD settings in Ghub firmware but thats another story.