Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-08-2021, 01:03 PM
Skeleton

Default Error/Crash after camping

Hi friends,

I keep getting an error message almost every time I camp a char. Basically the game crashes on me after I camp, and I have to restart everything and wait to log back in. Do I need to delete my entire EQ directory and re-install everything?

Thank you!!
Old 05-08-2021, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Are you getting errors on entry into the game after character selection? Red text in chat?
Old 05-08-2021, 01:20 PM
Skeleton

No Only after I log off/camp, every time I get this message
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (23.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 05-08-2021, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

Ya I get this a lot with the Default UI.

Might sound silly but go to Blue server, and switch to Default UI, /loadskin default and log out. See if error still happens.

I seem to have the same issue, only on Green though.

edit: nm its a character preferences error it seems
Last edited by Shawk; 05-08-2021 at 01:54 PM..
Old 05-08-2021, 01:47 PM
Kobold

Try running EQ in Windows XP sp3 compatibility mode. That worked for me.

Keeping Ice of Velious off the streets of Norrath
Old 05-08-2021, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

I had this randomly to so looked into it, when recreating the issue with one of my characters on green I kept having this happen. Another character did not have this happen. So I don't think it is the server or ui but it is the character itself and its preferences of ui etc.

So in your EQ Directory you will have individual .INI preferences for each character. In my case it looks like this:

UI_Shawk_P1999Green.ini

Comparing one that is crashing, and one that is not, they were very different, a lot was missing. (might have to make a new character to get one that works..)

So rename one that is working Ex:
UI_Working_P1999Green.ini to UI_Shawk_P1999Green.ini while maybe backing up your old one and try that worked for me

Edit: NM it seemed to have only worked once.. I still only have the issue on Green with the one character so I don't know, will look into it more.
Last edited by Shawk; 05-08-2021 at 02:06 PM..
Old 05-19-2021, 06:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: NM it seemed to have only worked once.. I still only have the issue on Green with the one character so I don't know, will look into it more.
Well for those interested, I was kinda on the right track but it was the .INI files without the UI_ in front of them, so in my case:

Shawk_P1999Green.ini

Seems the crash was only on some of my characters, so I just replaced the Shawk_P1999Green.ini contents with one that is working, and it fixed the issue, no more crashing on camp.. But if I return the file back to original, the crash still doesn't happen.

So I think it is a memory issue, so by replacing it you "refresh" the memory in a sense. Either way, I have tried camping 10+ times and still am not crashing.