Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 05:20 PM
Large Rat

Default my character dead in the sea in loaded the game

All in the title !
In loaded the game, i have on the boat, and i leave the game for reason personal.
Result, my character is dead in full middle of sea after leave the port of North Qeynos.
My character is at the bottom of the sea. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am looking for a solution to recover especially :
the armor, weapon, ring, items that I lost with my character at the bottom of the sea,
is there a solution ?

Luckily I deposit all the time after my raid against monsters, my money earned against Mobs. Which allows me to have a starting point in case of problems like this.

I am on the Blue server , principally
Last edited by rakam180; 05-08-2021 at 05:35 PM..
Old 05-08-2021, 05:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I am sorry that this happened to you, but if you are on a boat, you cannot camp out or /quit or /exit the game, because the boat will go further and you will be no longer on the boat. Try to petition in game or on the boards here. Maybe a Guide or GM can help you out.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:33 PM
Sarnak

Necro can summon your corpse, bard/SK can track it. Did you just /ex out? Might be a little tricky to figure out which zone, but can’t be more than a couple you need to check
Old 05-08-2021, 05:44 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am sorry that this happened to you, but if you are on a boat, you cannot camp out or /quit or /exit the game, because the boat will go further and you will be no longer on the boat. Try to petition in game or on the boards here. Maybe a Guide or GM can help you out.
thank you for your reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro can summon your corpse, bard/SK can track it. Did you just /ex out? Might be a little tricky to figure out which zone, but can’t be more than a couple you need to check
Thanks anyway!
It's okay, it's a little frustrating but it's part of Everquest and it's precisely this kind of downside that makes us love Everquest because you can die at the end anywhere if you're not careful .
Then I wanted to know if we could possibly in a case like this recover a body but that's okay! especially in the middle of the sea it can be complicated
Old 05-08-2021, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Players can help you recover your body.

If it rots after 7 days, staff can recover your body via a petition.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:52 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Players can help you recover your body.

If it rots after 7 days, staff can recover your body via a petition.
Ha yes ! that's really cool in fact !
thank you su much for the infos ! I will see to make the decision
Old 05-08-2021, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

Kinda the unspoken downside of EQ is boats. Its always a risk, I believe I lagged out once without even logging and I died in the water after attempting to swim forever. It would be nice if one day the boats could work properly and be dependable. I want EQ to be harsh but not a random lost corpse chance on a boat.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kinda the unspoken downside of EQ is boats. Its always a risk, I believe I lagged out once without even logging and I died in the water after attempting to swim forever. It would be nice if one day the boats could work properly and be dependable. I want EQ to be harsh but not a random lost corpse chance on a boat.
Kinda like real life in a way, you never know when you boat might go down... haha!
Old 05-08-2021, 06:39 PM
Fire Giant

I vote we exchange it for a Zeppelin that takes little to no time to get to your destination.

*Runs off in other room screaming, "I hope they don't take me seriously!*
Old 06-27-2021, 02:16 AM
Kobold

Get a bard alt to level 5 (it doesn't take long with bone chip quests or bard mail quests) and ask a high level in OOT for a lev, it shouldn't be hard to find there. Run around with selos playing and pulsing Lyssa's Locating Lyric without anyone being targeted. You will target the nearest corpse. Shouldn't take that long and could be fun.