Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-17-2021, 07:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
looks great shawk! (fix those pixels on the left side of the buttons! haha)
Haha ya lots still broken I just got back to modding this after a year and a bit so I first had to fix a bunch of errors I apparently made.

Thanks BTW as I got your UI a long time ago for Blue from years ago when playing on Blue, seems to be the same one on Green for the most part?

This is where I think I will go with it as far as scaling up it, this being the 640x480 lowest scale, then scaling from here
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Scaled it in the same aspect ratio of 640x480 then just taking the raw old images that are at 640x480 and scaled them up, so for example would look more like this, which would help with scaling up obviously.

So for example of that again. @ 5120p(?) or something, still no stretching.

End result would be more like this for example for the standard 1920x1080p player gauges

Old 04-17-2021, 07:24 PM
Fire Giant

I see what you meant there now lol, I think I just stretched it wrong when I first started

Now a smexyEmptyButton
Old 04-17-2021, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

actually i was talking about these pain in the asses, its touhg because of the way they are scaled, and way the buttons share maps.

like, see how the left side the dark grey bar is like 1 pixel, but the top and bottom theyre thicker?

the reason is they are getting more vertical scale than horizontal, for the origional map that is being used.

A work around is to make a totally custom map for those buttons, because if you fix it for those, then youll get fat grey bars on other smaller buttons.

I its sucha pita lol youre giving me flashbacks when I was working on this, draw a pixel, load the game, quit, color pixel different, load game, quit, move it a smidge, load game, quit...

haha its looking great so far though I can also help with some paint overs for buttons, im glad someone decided to put in some work on a 4k UI!!
Old 04-17-2021, 08:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
actually i was talking about these pain in the asses, its touhg because of the way they are scaled, and way the buttons share maps.

like, see how the left side the dark grey bar is like 1 pixel, but the top and bottom theyre thicker?

the reason is they are getting more vertical scale than horizontal, for the origional map that is being used.

A work around is to make a totally custom map for those buttons, because if you fix it for those, then youll get fat grey bars on other smaller buttons.

I its sucha pita lol youre giving me flashbacks when I was working on this, draw a pixel, load the game, quit, color pixel different, load game, quit, move it a smidge, load game, quit...

haha its looking great so far though I can also help with some paint overs for buttons, im glad someone decided to put in some work on a 4k UI!!
Ahh gotcha. I think I was last messing around with that area, I added the old Sit Button just to see how it fit and I think it stretched it but it seems I was stretching the buttons in XML and the image I was using was wrong too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Theres a lot like The Player Gauge idea I had for Pet/Group etc I will probably replace with the original Velious style idea for now too just to make the "Velious" upscale first then maybe ill make a new one but want to stay true to the original now for nostalgia. Trying to keep the dimensions exactly the same as original velious style.

the Abilities bar area in general is hard as it didn't exist, we hit F9 or whatever it was and clicked it from there far as I remember.

smexyTinyButton

Haha, I am kinda use to it now but spending hours working on something only to find it was something extremely stupid on my part hurts.. Really want to see this UI scaled up properly with some 4k/8k remade textures that stay true to the original. I think its really highly under rated even with this game being a legendary masterpiece I think it hasn't gotten to TLC it deserves. Good to see games like D2 getting what they deserve though, I am also working on a DAOC GUI scaled remake but there are some hard coded issues there.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:12 AM
Decaying Skeleton

So am i wrong on this in that you can't full screen on green and there is no way to scale the ui size? if you play on 1440p or 4k on green do you just have to deal with the tiny ui?
Old 04-18-2021, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poklin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So am i wrong on this in that you can't full screen on green and there is no way to scale the ui size? if you play on 1440p or 4k on green do you just have to deal with the tiny ui?
Let me know if you find out haha

Why i had to try to upscale it manually myself I will upload my branch of VeliousUI mod UI if you want to try it I just need to fix some stuff, but ya I don't think you can use on green atm maybe I can make mine so simular to VeliousUI that they will use it as a HD option in case others have this issue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can full screen. Try Alt+Enter or that exe dpi fix mentioned with compatibility set to win7 and it should work. Blue has this issue too its engine wide. Also EQPlayNice does it all I think?
Old 04-18-2021, 06:22 PM
Decaying Skeleton

When i go in full screen my games lighting or gamma changes alot idk whats happening with that in window its pretty dark in full screen is very bright. Any one know what's up with that?
Old 04-21-2021, 09:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poklin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When i go in full screen my games lighting or gamma changes alot idk whats happening with that in window its pretty dark in full screen is very bright. Any one know what's up with that?
Game forces Gamma so whatever you Gamma is set to in Options it will revert to over your windows/monitor's settings.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:20 PM
Fire Giant

So far so good few things still to do but getting there. Plays so nice at 1440p and a scaled interface.

Upscaled @1440p

Orig Example @ 1440p

Anyone by chance know how to modify <font></font> in the <Gauge> elements? Can't seem to find where the parent is on default font sizes? SIDL says its a parametre that can be changed and it isn't defaulted to anything. I know its just something stupid I'm missing but you can modify the <text /> <textoffsetx /> <textoffsety /> pretty much everything except <font /> in the <gauge> elements specfically so I can't change text size of the gauges yet anyway.. I'm sure it's something stupid I am missing.
Last edited by Shawk; 04-21-2021 at 09:23 PM..
Old 04-22-2021, 10:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Game forces Gamma so whatever you Gamma is set to in Options it will revert to over your windows/monitor's settings.
To fix this if you have nVidia card just go into your nVidia control panel and under display in Adjust desktop color settings change your monitor to Use NVIDIA settings instead of Other applications control color settings.

Makes the loading quicker.. Can test by doing ALT+Enter to switch between full screen and windowed too see the color change.

I'm sure there is a Radeon specific way you can do this too if have a Radeon card.