Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Default SK 1H or 2H?

I know SK should level both Blunt and Slashing, what I'm not sure is, should I train 1H or 2H?

I would guess 1H, because of using shield for bashing (or slamming or whatever that skill is), right?
Old 03-09-2021, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Train everything you can. The velious era gives knights a lot of knight only weapons that are 1 handers with ratios to make up for lack of dual wield but knights still aren't damage classes so just use what you got that's good
Old 03-09-2021, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Trolls/ogres can bash with 2h

All Races can bash with epic.

Prioritize 2h as it’s superior dps, but have a cheap 1h swap like a noc blade or ebon mace if bash is truly needed and you’re not an ogre/troll. Sword of pain also good from velks if you’re feeling adventurous and want to run your sk down there and try for a Rot.

Good luck
Old 03-09-2021, 08:48 PM
Sarnak

Cen and Crede, thank you both! I should of mention, it is Ogre SK.

OK will level all 4 combos but prioritize 2H. I guess I will be busy ;-)
Old 03-09-2021, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

Remember as an ogre, you can slam, which for Shadowknights and Warriors is great because it uses your bash skill, raises your bash skill, and is usable with any equipment configuration. It simply replaces and upgrades bash.
Old 03-09-2021, 10:33 PM
Kobold

Level all of the skills you can, even piercing.

Once you’re in your low to mid 50’s 2h anything will really start to pull away from 1h dps.
Old 03-10-2021, 02:04 AM
Kobold

As a 52 SK here, I've solo hunted and used 1hs/shield for most levels now. I just picked up a Zealot's Incarnadine to skill up and test vs my Noct blade. So, is it game mechanics that make 2hs better dps into 50's? I have haste belt, so it seems like the ratio should work out well.
Old 03-10-2021, 04:09 AM
Planar Protector

I tend to use a reaver with a sword of pain as sidearm when magic attacks or shield is desired.
Old 03-10-2021, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Arguably as a knight you should level 2 skills. Unlike a warrior you don’t have to cross train as aggressively. There will be times you prefer to use an Atram shield or need to bash.

I’d prob go 2hs and 1hb for the ebon mace. If you prefer 1hs for the Noc blade/Sword of Pain that is good as well. I levelled my 1h skill while grouping and used 2h exclusively while solo.

While Sk’s have a slightly lower piecing cap it’s another solid path. Shard of Night, Dark Spear of Venom, Carved Dragonbone, Exquisite Lance, Narandi. Could be a 1 skill SK and do just fine.

I got my Rocksmasher on the paladin and had 40 2hb skill. Plunking with a shovel got me to max skill in like 6 hrs. It wasn’t fun but better than carrying one more dumb weap just in case I looted one.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

I believe shield AC calculates 100% post AC soft cap (which is surprisingly low). Using a shield can make a big difference in damage mitigation when tanking. Your DPS won’t matter much for keeping aggro as you should spam your spells for this.

If soloing, duoing, DPSing, etc. it’s situational. Luckily theres plenty of time to mix it up and try things out. With your Ogre strength you should have no problem carrying a variety of weapons.
Closed Thread