Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you absolutely want to DW, something like Winters Fury MH and Sebilite Croaking Dirk in OH. But for better dps Reaver is your friend level 30-49, and if you can't afford Staff of Battle indeed, as most people have stated.

And I agree with above comment regarding haste.

Step 1) Fungi
Step 2) best haste you can buy with you current budget
Step 3) any weapon better than 9/18
Step 4) ???
Step 5) Profit
I'll be honest, I don't think 'wait for Velious' is great advices for a 21 war on green (not so long tbf, but will be a while for even the common stuff prices to drop).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-30-2021, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Wurmy with 36% haste cloak and croaking dirk OH is dope, went from 1-51 in no time
Also had argent protector used it here and there to keep skill raise.

The dual wield is like a meat grinder with this setup though much funner then 2h IMO.

Fungi also of course.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:01 PM
Sarnak

Stop! Ask yourself are you a hardcore raider? Do you like being dependent on others during all of your higher level experience?

If not consider another class... it gets very painful 50+ as twinked rogues and ranger end up tanking 50+ percent of the time. As a warrior you will struggle and feel annoyed and being a lack luster group tank. Even most raid content there’s only a few mobs a raid you’re the best choice to tank. Otherwise the snap aggro of a knight we always be preferred.

That being said if you’re on the spectrum and just wanna grind to 60 and tank velious mobs have at it champ!
Old 04-30-2021, 07:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop! Ask yourself are you a hardcore raider? Do you like being dependent on others during all of your higher level experience?

If not consider another class... it gets very painful 50+ as twinked rogues and ranger end up tanking 50+ percent of the time. As a warrior you will struggle and feel annoyed and being a lack luster group tank. Even most raid content there’s only a few mobs a raid you’re the best choice to tank. Otherwise the snap aggro of a knight we always be preferred.

That being said if you’re on the spectrum and just wanna grind to 60 and tank velious mobs have at it champ!
Honestly i really like the 1-50 grind. I have 6 toons 50+ with only 1 60 cause 51-60 so painful. But i really enjoy the lower content and being twinked. So, i am mostly just doing it to have fun with another toon and not be a lame duck while doing it. I am enjoying the game so much more in the pre 50 zones and just think a war with fungi and awesome weapons would fit how i love to play perfectly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-30-2021, 07:33 PM
Fire Giant

You don't have to be a hardcore raider to enjoy being a warrior 50+. It's exactly like being a warrior 1-50 except you have sweet disc's.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by baue1446 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly i really like the 1-50 grind. I have 6 toons 50+ with only 1 60 cause 51-60 so painful. But i really enjoy the lower content and being twinked. So, i am mostly just doing it to have fun with another toon and not be a lame duck while doing it. I am enjoying the game so much more in the pre 50 zones and just think a war with fungi and awesome weapons would fit how i love to play perfectly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
May Rallos Zek guide your blade young warrior. TBH you’ll have a lot of fun with a fungi. I agree with the staff of battle posters I used mine well into the 40s to DPS on blue. Try to gather up as many potions and clickers as you can. They add a lot of dynamic gameplay to the warrior.

And yes, Velious adds a lot for a warrior but there’s not need to wait.
Closed Thread