Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 02:25 AM
Orc

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks goobles!
Old 11-22-2009, 02:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

everyone knows this ddos attack came because danth stole someones camp, the stories were just a precurser
Old 11-22-2009, 02:30 AM
Decaying Skeleton

So long, and thanks for all the fish. I want to thank all the friendly people i met playing in the last few weeks. Yall are what made it fun to play every night. Feel free to email me if you find some fun game to play or just want to get a beer in nashville, tn. If server really is down a long time, i probably won't be back. Or it might be somebody else driving. Soo close to that 39 rez[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is Wiggles the cleric - in case name doesnt show up in title (never posted here before.)
hitmeupwtf@gmail.com

later on!!
Old 11-22-2009, 02:31 AM
Planar Protector

Haha, funny stuff. Funnier since nothing was 'stolen'.

Server'll be back up when it's up. Till then all we can do is wait.

Danth
Old 11-22-2009, 02:31 AM
Aviak

Hope you get this straightened out.

Can donate if needed.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:37 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Haha Butt hurt.. gotta love hearing terms I used in the get go..

Great fun while it lasted. =)
Old 11-22-2009, 02:38 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Willing to help if necessary

Rogean,

Please do your best to ignore the emotionally-driven posts you're seeing. You and your team have done a stand-up job thus far and those of us that matter, know that.

We know you'll do your best and attempt to find an alternate hosting party. As you've seen, there isn't a shortage of players willing to donate a few bucks to the cause. I'm thinking out loud now, but even if each player (average 200 players) donated $5.00 monthly, which is roughly 1/3 what we pay for all other MMO's, that would be quite the monthly payment towards an even better and more secure server.

I'll leave it at that for now, just some encouraging food for thought.

Signed,

- A True EQ Classic Fan.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Skeleton

Oh, well life goes on...Peace everyone and thanks for the groups etc...

Peace from Saturn, Rick, and Spike...and its times like this when I wish I can pull a real life "Jay and Silent Bob" moment and find the dude and smack him around a bit...damn until then its off to PvP blue-BEEZ.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:56 AM
Planar Protector

It will truly be a pity if this server never has a chance to mature further, but regardless of what transpires going forward I want to express my gratitude to those who made p1999 a reality, if even only briefly. I just found this place last weekend, and while I'll be bummed if it doesn't come back up, I had a really good time doing naked corpse runs at level two. Thanks also for affirming what I'd believed since I first played EQ back in 2000; that I didn't just dig the game because it popped my MMO cherry, but because EQ back then just had character unlike any of its successors.

Moreso than missing the chance to replay that game, though, I'll regret that I didn't get to game with more of the folks populating this server, because for the most part the community here struck me as singularly united in celebrating nostalgia and sentimentality, something utterly devoid in more modern MMO's, and a set of traits which lend themselves to a much more memorable gaming experience.

Really a shame that some folks are apparently incapable of gaining anything resembling a healthy perspective and feel compelled to sabotage the enjoyment of others to sate their own gnawing dissatisfaction, but not necessarily surprising.

Anyway, best of luck getting this thing up and running again. I'll be keeping an eager eye on your progress, and thanks again for giving me a week at least to remember what got me into this genre in the first place.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:56 AM
Sarnak

Wow what a sucky saturday night....
Closed Thread