Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

1pp/level, but anyone under level 20 on their first character should just give what they can...often it'll be free.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tupakk owes me exp
You owe me an EPIC, screw your EXP *muah*

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 01-14-2017, 09:37 AM
Kobold

I always did 1pp/level and capped it at 50. If I didn't have the pp at the time I would let the porter know in my initial tell.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

I pay 1pp per level with a minimum of 20 plat. For most of my guys it is in the 30s and 40s. Whenever I stop what I'm doing to help out somebody trying to get somewhere and they give me 5pp I feel like I shouldn't help the next guy. Newbies are fine though and I'll help a naked character out. Translocates are making this less of a problem even if it is taking several minutes of mana recovery time.

I could gate to CT, run through Feerott, kill a HG and get 7 ports worth of tips off one mana bar.

I just take it and say thank you. At least I'm not their waiter.

New players obviously get leeway. A level 30 sk with a noct blade can pay!
Last edited by Skinned; 01-16-2017 at 04:18 PM..
Old 01-16-2017, 05:45 PM
Large Bat

Thanks for the info, all.

I do like p99 for the number of folks offering ports all around; it's MUCH easier to get around than I remember on live!
Old 01-16-2017, 07:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New players obviously get leeway. A level 30 sk with a noct blade can pay!
Don't say this is another post. You'll get skinned alive. =) I learned my lesson. The lesson was - Rich ppl need more loot than poor people because they do more work in a group than untwinkeds.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't say this is another post. You'll get skinned alive. =) I learned my lesson. The lesson was - Rich ppl need more loot than poor people because they do more work in a group than untwinkeds.
Not once in that argument did I say the rich did more than the poor in a group. I would say reread it for proof, but it's clear you didn't read it in the first place, otherwise you'd know that. So read it. The argument was against shaming someone for wanting to roll on something because of what they were wearing. The argument was for equal share in loot in a group where everyone has an equal hand in making loot drop. Quite the opposite of what you say here.

To the OP, pay what you think is fair for you to pay. Whether you get the port or not from any particular porter will work itself out.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya I had one of these types when I finally got my first ports - 60th lvl chanter decked out, paid me zero assumed it was free, then offered to sell me a ring for more then it was worth and ran off - I didnt complain but thats some serious douche baggery, right Herb 8P
Old 01-16-2017, 10:11 PM
Fire Giant

If I port players, I work on a tip payment, not a set payment. So they can tip me whatever they want but I do keep in mind the players who are all twinked out and need a ride to Wakening Lands or Great Divide and throw me nothing...

I've also seen players post on here saying how they are making thousands of platinum an hour from ports cause they are getting 300-500 platinum a port. I have gotten a few ports where the player was generous to give me 100 platinum but it was mainly cause I went out of my way to pick them up in a dangerous zone and took them to another dangerous zone.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:28 AM
Kobold

I don't advertise as a teleporter. I occasionally respond to people looking for ports in /auction or /ooc. If it's a port from the same zone to another zone that isn't hazardous, I hope to see 10pp. I don't bother asking about it up-front and if it's less, I'll accept it with a smile because it's not worth getting bent out of shape. If I'm going somewhere to pick up or drop off in someplace potentially hazardous, I'm much more likely to nail down a price beforehand to see if I'm interested.

I'm not particularly moved to port lowbies for free if I'm just saving them time. They're a timesaver no matter the level and if you don't have the money, I think walking or boats work fine (I follow this logic on my own characters). Helping someone out of a jam is completely different and I'm fine to go out of my way to help when possible.
Closed Thread