Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 04:41 PM
Kobold

Default Warriors and Shields

Hello. I have a question about warriors and shields- When should a warrior use one? I have a half elf warrior of Innoruuk. I *assume* I should use it when there is a caster and only for interrupting their spell before swapping back to my main weapon.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:48 PM
Kobold

Basically never.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

You arent really expected to worry about that as your job, but if your good bring a shield in on your secondary during DW and bash then switch back.

When your kicks stun in the next expansion shields arent designed for warriors anymore outside of a few silly warrior only shields that are stupid
Old 12-07-2019, 05:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You arent really expected to worry about that as your job, but if your good bring a shield in on your secondary during DW and bash then switch back.

When your kicks stun in the next expansion shields arent designed for warriors anymore outside of a few silly warrior only shields that are stupid
Okay, thank you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-07-2019, 06:22 PM
Fire Giant

Warriors can barely hold agro with two weapons so using a shield should only be for reserved for specific situations. You should have a shield available in your warrior's inventory.

You may use your shield if there is a NPC that can cast heals, especially complete heal, wizard nukes, necro dots, or gate. This is especially important if no one else is fulfilling this role. This only applies if you can't slam or stun-kick.

You may consider using your shield if you're fighting a RAID NPC and you need to avoid a deadly innate proc ability. A 2H with AC and/or a good mitigation/agro proc can also fulfill this role. The 2H or shield will decrease your probability of being riposted. You will obviously need clickable agro items while tanking in this situation.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

When travelling to look cool.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warriors can barely hold agro with two weapons so using a shield should only be for reserved for specific situations. You should have a shield available in your warrior's inventory.

You may use your shield if there is a NPC that can cast heals, especially complete heal, wizard nukes, necro dots, or gate. This is especially important if no one else is fulfilling this role. This only applies if you can't slam or stun-kick.

You may consider using your shield if you're fighting a RAID NPC and you need to avoid a deadly innate proc ability. A 2H with AC and/or a good mitigation/agro proc can also fulfill this role. The 2H or shield will decrease your probability of being riposted. You will obviously need clickable agro items while tanking in this situation.
TBH I'd love to use only 2hs on a warrior.
Last edited by Mankong; 12-07-2019 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: Fixing up the sentence
Old 12-08-2019, 02:14 AM
Kobold

I find that on perma-rooted boss NPCs, like Tunare, one can click bioluminescent orb like 100 times for aggro and then equip shield to tank. GL with your warrior quest.
Old 12-08-2019, 02:25 AM
Planar Protector

Swap it in, bash, swap it out. Don't need to do it on every mob, just try to interrupt casters mostly. What the hell else do you have to do as a warrior? if you are DWing it should be pretty easy to manage.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:04 PM
Kobold

If you're a warrior that doesn't have slam, then you absolutely want a shield to bash to interrupt. Without push to interrupt on mobs with CH you need all the bashes/slams you can get.
Closed Thread