Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is supposed to be shamans are better necros stay on topic nerds
Tbh when I got my shamans epic I just felt like a weak necro. Missing out on those last 2 big dick damage ticks was really annoying. A necro with lich could prob root rot just as efficiently since splurt doesn’t use a ton of mana but most are charming asap.

Shamans obviously way more powerful at 60, except maybe soloing in fear. Torpor shoulda gone to druids.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

yeah man just a weak necro with a 75% slow
Old 09-23-2019, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. I'm 99% certain fieeauxfour was not asking that question seriously,
I hadn't seen one of these stupid shaman race threads in a while, so....

this topic usually brings out a special level of autism not seen in the normal fodder of this cesspool

PS I <3 you nerds
Old 09-23-2019, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

Fun how incremental min maxing is on p99, and how much people are going to fight over it anyways.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

"Shaman are just good Necromancers"

Maybe not so good, at that. Three of the four are unambiguously evil, and the fourth (barbarian) follows a god/mentality that's portrayed as, at best, good-leaning neutral.

Danth
Old 09-23-2019, 06:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First you have to decide, over the long term, if you are going to be a shaman that tanks melee hits or not. If you don't, Troll is undoubtedly better. This can often be the case for a raid toon.

If you do non raid stuff after 60 then you can start making the comparison.

I have FSI and I love it. Wouldn't trade it in. Factor in spell interrupts and how much time FSI saves, thus allowing for more spells. Need to weigh that against extra regen. Not to mention the reliability FSI affords. You know what is going to get through with a lot more reliability thus can plan better. There's moments, very practically, when you need torpor or slow to get through and an interrupt is really bad.
Seriously, the answer is FSI. Shaman spells are sooo slow as it is.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

But 1/4 of those worship the tribunal, so at least one quarter of them should be just.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maschenny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously, the answer is FSI. Shaman spells are sooo slow as it is.
Nah, Teppler's right, it depends heavily on the individual player's circumstances. Bash resist becomes totally worthless the moment you aren't being hit. In a three hour session earlier the wife's shaman was struck in melee while channeling a spell exactly six times, and interrupted from a bash precisely once. We counted. (It interrupted bane of nife, not even important.) That's typical for us. There are days she doesn't get hit at all. For that set of circumstances the ogre racial is fluff.

Nice racial to have--never required, but nice--when solo. Those high-level spells cast sloooooowwwwwwwly.

Danth
Old 09-23-2019, 07:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just dont understand this argument. Iksar have better regen then troll, are not giant, can wear VP robe, does not have troll exp penalty pre velious... How is troll better than iksar? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to overcorrect, and I normally dig your posts as thoughtful and well-meaning, but...
  • Iksar/Troll regen tables are identical.
  • Iksar/Troll racial exp penalties are identical.

Iksar can wear VP robes, Troll can regen like iksar and get JBB.

That is the current state of the world on those two races regarding Shammies.

Back on topic...

Necros are the undisputed kings of DoT spells, and are far more resourceful and capable throughout their leveling periods than the shaman ever will be. Necros are better necros by virtue of their toolkits. Period.

That said, a BiS, clickied-out torp shaman will spank a lot of solo camps that would eat a necro. Does that make the shaman a better necro?

No.
Last edited by Glasken; 09-23-2019 at 07:17 PM..
Old 09-23-2019, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Every class is bad compared to shaman at 60 in certain situations
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread