Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 08:46 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default The best class to duo with a paladin?

My RL friend picked up the game and rolled a Dwarf paladin. He doesn't play as often as I do so I'd like to roll a toon to level up with him when he's on. What is your best suggestion for class to duo/group with a paladin and why?
Old 07-30-2020, 09:16 AM
Banned

Shaman - if you wanna be RP bros go Barb so you're both good races and can run over to the same towns to sell / bank / resupply. Ogre is the end-game min/maxers choice due to FSI and Troll is the best pre-torpor due to racial regen.

Slow is the most efficient "heal" in the game. Melee stat buffs help out pallyman white damage. SoW is nice for when you travel around a bit. Your kill speed will be slow as a duo but it will be safe and steady. When played correctly should be basically zero downtime once you get your full "kit."

Add an enchanter, rogue, necro, bard, or mage for a superb trio.
Last edited by kjs86z; 07-30-2020 at 09:33 AM..
Old 07-30-2020, 09:21 AM
Fire Giant

Bard - has haste, slows, regen, mana regen, fear, snare, crowd control, run speed, lull, etc. Lots of fun to play (my favorite class by far) but takes a lot of work to play. Would be lacking dps, but you also have a decent start to a group if you want to pick up a few more folks.

Druid - sow, dots, regen, damage shield, heals, snare. less work than bard. Can charm if animals. Ports are nice too.

Necro - wouldn't be my first choice but could be a lot of fun. nice dots, pet, has some heals and other fun utility spells if used correctly. Would be a good duo vs undead.

Shaman - slows, heals, buffs, dots.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:29 AM
Sarnak

Kinda depends on if you guys are on blue or green. If on green, caster duo will make much more sense as in high end melee gear are both expensive and hard to come by. So if on green shaman, necro even mage would make great duo with a paladin.

On the other hand, if you guys are on blue, then you have access to a ton of cheap melee gear so making duo with rogue or monk could be super fun.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

enchanter. slow, haste, clarity, cc, and huge dps boost if charming
Old 07-30-2020, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

Go cleric just for the RP of it and strictly go to undead zones.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Necromancer, druid, or enchanter. Their ability to charm would compensate for low damage output of the paladin, a class that also happens to be among the best versus charm breaks. Thorn DS from druid would also help improve the paladin's damage output and heals between both classes would be enough for a while. Necromancer has heals as well though, not to mention more spells versus the undead. Tons of crowd control no matter which of the three are chosen.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

Shaman - Slows, SoW, Haste, other buffs, some heals, some DPS
Druid - Ports, SoW, Thorns, other buffs, some heals, some DPS
Ench - Slows, Haste, Clarity, Lots of DPS if charming

If you know what you're doing Enchanter would be a lot of fun. Shaman is probably a good middle of the road with lots of end game potential. Druid is best if you just don't know wtf you're doing. It's just a lot more straight forward than the others.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

What is the point of the characte( AKA what do you want this character to enable the two of you to be able to do)r?
Do you plan to mostly/exclusively duo?
What server are you on?
Are you going to be able to twink the characters, and if so to what degree?

Anyone offering advice without knowing these things is wasting there time, and you theirs frankly.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the point of the characte( AKA what do you want this character to enable the two of you to be able to do)r?
Do you plan to mostly/exclusively duo?
What server are you on?
Are you going to be able to twink the characters, and if so to what degree?

Anyone offering advice without knowing these things is wasting there time, and you theirs frankly.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=352430

Quote:
Hey guys, just starting on green as a trio with a druid and a mage.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=360416

Quote:
I've been debating which class I'd like to dig into on green for a while now and have finally landed on rogue.
It's all right there in the post history. And no mention of twinking.
Closed Thread