Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 05:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

So norrathmap is okay, but its not okay? Gotcha.

Edit: I don't use norrathmap, but some sort of definitive answer would be great. Not trying to be a dick.
Last edited by mayhem32; 05-19-2015 at 05:24 PM..
Old 05-19-2015, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats a funny comment, considering the creator of a program SPECIFICALLY asked Rogean IF creating this program was within allowed 3rd party programs scope, willing to abort if Rogean would disprove. And Rogean said - you fine. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps that was said. So?

Perhaps that decision should be revisited. Rogean is not Moses, and he and the other devs can change their mind about a third party program.

My vote of exactly 1 goes to: they should reconsider approving that program. It functions as an overlay that adds a whole level of functionality that is specifically not meant to be on their version of "classic." I say, nix it.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

I like to take screenshots as I travel through zones and create an elaborate storyboard that will teach me an important life lesson and also help me memorize the zone.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

/note opens an in-game notepad

add relevant locs, or directions.

example -

Kith - West to Highpass, East to WC. DE cabin +800 +2200
Old 05-19-2015, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunomia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It might be a good idea to assume the position has changed.

You can continue rolling the dice along with your eyeballs.
I don't understand this comment.

Is it against the rules or not? Forget the issue of detection. It seems like you are implying that it is against the rules, but we have no way of getting caught yet. If that's what you are saying it goes against the last official statement I saw made when the program was originally released.

Many of us here follow the rules regardless of whether we will get caught. If its against the rules someone should clearly state so...I for one wouldn't use it if this was clearly stated.

All you need to do is clearly state it. "Yes, it is currently okay to use. We will get back to you if things change." or "No, you can't use this program. We are working on way of punishing those who refuse to follow the rules and use it."
Old 05-19-2015, 07:10 PM
Retired Guide

Please listen to GM Sirken's stream at 1:10:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d95bTYEZtfs

GM Sirken is the Lead CSR GM
Old 05-19-2015, 07:12 PM
Retired Guide

If I get time, I'll listen to his other streams where it has been mentioned previously and link times.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunomia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I get time, I'll listen to his other streams where it has been mentioned previously and link times.
I trust you. Eunomia, if you say it is against the rules then I don't need to listen to a Sirken podcast (nor would I expect you to listen to them for me and link the timestamps).

My comment was really just asking for a direct answer. Yes or no.

If you say it is against the rules then it absolutely is, and I will never use it regardless of whether or not I can be caught.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I trust you. Eunomia, if you say it is against the rules then I don't need to listen to a Sirken podcast (nor would I expect you to listen to them for me and link the timestamps).

My comment was really just asking for a direct answer. Yes or no.

If you say it is against the rules then it absolutely is, and I will never use it regardless of whether or not I can be caught.
You must use printed maps in a binder! Shits classic.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:49 PM
Sarnak

I don't get the tip about keeping a mob targeted - how is it gonna help you backtrack?
Closed Thread