Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 03:09 AM
Large Rat

Cool My First 6 Hours...

At 6PM, I started a gnome necromancer after not playing this game for 13 years. I was watching Twitch and some streamer mentioned this and I installed it. I played the original EQ upon release in 1999 and followed it through to 2006 with my Vah Shir Beastlord being my main. I also had an Iksar Monk.

Anyway, after doing about 30 minutes of setting my UI up and remembering how to navigate around Ak'anon, I headed out into the noob killing fields. I had announced for a group and nobody responded at the time. So, I just started soloing as a necro to make some cash to buy a pet spell. The Ak'anon noob area is literally an optical illusion hell hole. Things look much farther away than they are. If you don't aggro 2 or 3 things while pulling, you get a yellow spider or coyote as a surprise guest. I remember the pathing but here is what made me mad:

1. It took me literally 6 hours to level from 1 to 3 as a gnome necro.
2. The leveling seemed to drag moreso than in the original EQ. I don't know if the admins have exp turned on the lowest settings but I remember vividly making level 2 almost immediately and then getting to 5 within a few hours or less. 6 hours to get to level 3! I died so much that I almost stopped scribing the spells back into my spell book.
3. I played 7 years, took a 13 year break, and came back to leveling 1-3 in 6 hours! WTF?

Ok, just scratch 3. It's a repeat of 1. I was really pissed.

The good news about today was that there were a lot of helpful people online to give encouragement and a few pieces of gear that really helped. To those individuals, I thank you.

My thoughts after logging out was that I want to get out of Steamfont as soon as possible. There's just not enough stuff to kill between everyone fighting over it or needing bones to summon pet and can't find any. Anyway, I'll try again tomorrow as it may be a better day. However, at level 60, I'm coming back and wiping that whole noob pit out just for spite. Hell Hole, it was for me today.

(rant over)
Old 12-09-2019, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

I'm just going to say it. You are a liar and can't be trusted. You played a Vah Shir Beastlord on launch? Doubt it, just like cat to play games and tell lies though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruChaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At 6PM, I started a gnome necromancer after not playing this game for 13 years. I was watching Twitch and some streamer mentioned this and I installed it. I played the original EQ upon release in 1999 and followed it through to 2006 with my Vah Shir Beastlord being my main. I also had an Iksar Monk.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:14 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naerron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just going to say it. You are a liar and can't be trusted. You played a Vah Shir Beastlord on launch? Doubt it, just like cat to play games and tell lies though....
Well, first of all, that's not nice. No. I made a gnome wizard that I abandoned when Velious came out for an Iksar Monk. Then when Luclin came out, I made a Vah Shir Beastlord that I enjoyed playing most of all and raided with.

Even though I left out that information, jumping at new player's jugulars is not a cool way to promote this game or server. You guys need to chill out. I'm just presenting facts as they happened to me. Thank you.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:24 PM
Large Rat

Also, my characters started out on Solusek Ro servers and ended up on Bristlebane. I can pay and login right now and show you each character...and then you will look really dumb. But that's not the purpose of my rant. Just calm down.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:31 PM
Kobold

You made the mistake of posting in the wrong location. You won't win in RnF.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:33 PM
Large Rat

I win as a normal human being.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like you're terrible at eq since you played a beast and monk ( braindead classes) gnome is a good choice since they are the little complainers and wimps
Old 12-09-2019, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

In the original EQ, everyone got a 100 ZEM from levels 1 to 6. I only discovered this recently. Hopefully changes will be made in the future, the early levels aren't meant to be so hard.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=343193
Old 12-09-2019, 01:20 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruChaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyway, after doing about 30 minutes of setting my UI up and remembering how to navigate around Ak'anon, I headed out into the noob killing fields. I had announced for a group and nobody responded at the time. So, I just started soloing as a necro to make some cash to buy a pet spell. The Ak'anon noob area is literally an optical illusion hell hole. Things look much farther away than they are. If you don't aggro 2 or 3 things while pulling, you get a yellow spider or coyote as a surprise guest. I remember the pathing but here is what made me mad:

1. It took me literally 6 hours to level from 1 to 3 as a gnome necro.
2. The leveling seemed to drag moreso than in the original EQ. I don't know if the admins have exp turned on the lowest settings but I remember vividly making level 2 almost immediately and then getting to 5 within a few hours or less. 6 hours to get to level 3! I died so much that I almost stopped scribing the spells back into my spell book.
3. I played 7 years, took a 13 year break, and came back to leveling 1-3 in 6 hours! WTF?

Ok, just scratch 3. It's a repeat of 1. I was really pissed.

The good news about today was that there were a lot of helpful people online to give encouragement and a few pieces of gear that really helped. To those individuals, I thank you.

My thoughts after logging out was that I want to get out of Steamfont as soon as possible. There's just not enough stuff to kill between everyone fighting over it or needing bones to summon pet and can't find any. Anyway, I'll try again tomorrow as it may be a better day. However, at level 60, I'm coming back and wiping that whole noob pit out just for spite. Hell Hole, it was for me today.

(rant over)
Hey I felt the same feelings after coming back after a hiatus. If I were you I’d make my way to greater faydark and go to orc hill at 4 or so, then move into crushbone at 7-8. Also the bandit camp would be perfect for you at 5-6ish if you are feeling bold.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:22 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you're terrible at eq since you played a beast and monk ( braindead classes) gnome is a good choice since they are the little complainers and wimps
Mmmm hmmm. Quality individual I’m sure you are.

🙄
Closed Thread