Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-18-2020, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Default Client Recently Began Crashing (Really "Freezing": You Stay In-Game Without Control)

I noticed I was crashing recently, when I never used to crash at all before. I posted in the Technical Forum first, to see if it was a legit bug or just something weird with me, and ... it seems like it is a bug: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s....php?p=3146495

Summary details:
  • It's relatively recent: a month or two ago(?) it started, and there were zero cases of it prior
  • the crash "freezes" the client but doesn't truly end it
  • it does not seem to be tied to Linux (which I personally use) or the UI skin I use
  • it seems tied to certain actions: looting corpses commonly causes it, and one person reported the ramp in aviak town in SK causing it

Further details are in that thread.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-22-2022, 11:15 PM
Large Rat

Did you ever figure this out? This same thing has just started happening to me today, no changes to my system at all.
Old 05-23-2022, 12:05 AM
Fire Giant

Had this happen today in South Qeynos when boat zoned in to qeynos.

Used to be when i was turning in sashes to temple of thunder and turned around to face the direction of docks my screen would glitch out visually whenever the boat would zone in.

Today my toon locked up i could see people running by BUT i could not move at all. Tried all tabing to full window allowed me to move 1 small step then freeze again.

Solved finally by gating to my bind in qeynos hills.l

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 05-23-2022, 10:49 AM
Large Rat

I actually had a different issue - it didn't appear to be based on any specific actions. The game would just freeze randomly, sometimes 10min of playtime, sometimes after 30 sec of playtime.

It seems to be related to my UI, I switched to an alt and never froze. So I copied the alt's .ini file and renamed to the char with the issue, and it didn't freeze.