Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2021, 05:20 AM
Banned

shadowknight is a melee tank. he can solo, but not more than one (no crowd control or root) - put 25 into STA 5 into str

shaman is a god at high levels even solo. - put 25 into WIS 5 into STA
Old 07-25-2021, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

What race are you leaning towards for Shaman and for Sk? Both can be so many good races.. Ogre, Troll, Iksar all very good for either IMO.

If you go blue, let us know your char name and race/class so we can help you out.
Old 07-25-2021, 08:55 PM
Banned

Iksar not great for shaman I hear due to armor restrictions
Old 07-25-2021, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Helping someone too much is a recipe to ruin the enjoyment.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar not great for shaman I hear due to armor restrictions
Shaman are super powerful and fun. You get to play a lot of different aspects of the game. Can solo, tank (at lower lvls), support, main healer, really can fit a lot of roles

There’s no bad race for shaman, just trade offs. Iksar can be great shaman, you just miss out on one or two really nice armor pieces (Iksar can wear mail which is what most shaman gear is) like the jaundiced bone bracer.

You can also level a shaman with no starting funds, or think them with 100k plus gear. Both are totally viable, and you really never run out of upgrades potential.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:58 AM
Banned

This thread has really strong a/s/l vibes lol
Old 07-30-2021, 07:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavitael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i remember watching my dad play wow when i was a little kid
damn
Old 07-31-2021, 08:34 AM
Orc

I agree with druid as a first character to learn the game. Very versatile class, decent melee in the beginning levels, DD, charming, root rotting, quad kiting. You can heal, buff and port. You will get track to help locate mobs, and have access to one of the most requested buffs in the game spirit of wolf. Druids are not gear dependent and are very capable of making lots of plat. Having the ability to port around to explore new areas will be a big bonus for you. Like mentioned, the first 15 or 20 levels are the roughest. Use this time to figure out all the little nuances of the game. Commands, skills, UI set up, quests. Figure out how battle works, casting times, aggro ranges, global cool down, ect. Reference the p99 wiki often and learn the ins and outs of your class. Which ever class you choose I suggest going with a good or neutral race. Will make traveling easier and give you access to more cities off the get go. Try not to take too many handouts as it will decrease the fun of the game on you. Nothings more rewarding than obtaining an equipment upgrade from that mob you just spend a few hours trying to kill or by saving up your plat to purchase. Lastly you need to have patience. There will be plenty of fast paced battles to look forwards to as well as that 1-2 hour session trying to recover your corpse. Above all else HAVE FUN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-31-2021, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavitael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ive decided i want to play a melee caster. mostly thinking of either shadowknight or shaman

how big of a deal is the shadowknight xp penalty?

and how do i know what stats to give my character in creation?
The xp penalty sucks. But supposedly it's being removed soon in the next patch, which might be like August 6th.

For stats, and almost any other question you have about the game, you should check out the wiki (e.g. https://wiki.project1999.com/Shadowknight). Would also highly recommend checking out the guides section as one of the first things you do: https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure

People suggest a lot of the time Druid as the best starter class. While they are very versatile, I think it's more important to choose a class and race that you feel an affinity for, that resonates with you. The only caster class I wouldn't recommend is Wizard, because they are designed to be a bursty type of damage dealer but the game is generally designed around needing sustained damage over a long period of time.

Melee can be tough as people pointed out because they're more gear dependent. Also, the pure melees (so SK, Pally, Bard not included) don't have access to a diverse spellbook so with limited abilities I personally find their playstyle to be too simple - but some people just really love hitting things with a metal stick I guess. But groups need a tank. Also, your ability to solo as melee is very limited compared to casters.
Closed Thread