Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2021, 09:06 AM
Kobold

All my new characters tend to be human lately. I've very much enjoying the night blindness on some races. I view infravision on races as a negative now.
Old 08-01-2021, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All my new characters tend to be human lately. I've very much enjoying the night blindness on some races. I view infravision on races as a negative now.
It’s like humans having a built in clock. Other races lack this. Particularly helpful for camping some mobs or as a safety feature when about to enter some zones.
Old 08-04-2021, 05:36 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play in first person view like it's meant to be
This is a good answer.

Shame the game has bad horz+ scaling and 4:3 is messed up on modern monitors. so u can't appreciate it that well.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shame the game has bad horz+ scaling and 4:3 is messed up on modern monitors
You can edit your client.ini to make it work. Unfortunately, it's actually low-key the min-max way to do things, as anything but 4:3 is just a truncated 4:3 view.
Old 08-05-2021, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a good answer.

Shame the game has bad horz+ scaling and 4:3 is messed up on modern monitors. so u can't appreciate it that well.
I find using /viewport to play the game in tallscreen and arranging the ui to each side can give a pleasant experience.
Old 08-05-2021, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

You should make all your toons from the role playing perspective. Whatever character you want to play / be the most.

All other job-like reasons are marks of insanity.

That being said, OGRE ftw :P
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-05-2021, 10:27 PM
Fire Giant

Min maxers are the max idiots overall, just sayin

You really need the racial bump in whatever stat you care about in order to succeed? That tells me that you suck. Gear can make up for whatever it is you think is so critical. And that includes regen, stun immunity, or whatever else it is you think is the bomb

The best players min intentionally to virtue signal their skill, in fact
Old 08-06-2021, 07:59 AM
Fire Giant

Always play what you want. Bc if you don't you won't end up liking the toon and quit playing em. Though if your a mid maxxer go for it. If your not doesn't matter pick what you want. IMO gnome warriors for life[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 08-18-2021, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't pick a race just because it has higher regen, hide, sneak, a special item, or whatever.

Instead, pick something you enjoy looking at and that you feel comfortable with others looking at.

Let's take the Iksar Necromancer as an example; the devs came along and created the Iksar Necromancer and this abomination of theirs made all non-iksar Necromancers technically obselete but my advice is don't play an Iksar Necromancer just for that reason and don't feel ashamed of playing a non-Iksar Necromancer.

I know girls don't like playing Iksar so they really have no choice but to either create a technically superior necromancer and play a race they hate just to fit in with the min-max crowd or create a race they love and be mocked by the min-max crowd.

Let me tell you this: Clicking 'create character' doesn't automatically make somebody a genius or a good player, anybody can do that, and EverQuest is just as much a visual experience as it is a numbers game so image has value in EverQuest.

Min-maxxers are one sided so they don't really care about the visuals, image, lore, and the social aspect of the game it's all about technical efficiency much of which is theoretical because in EverQuest you waste so much time not being technical and every race/class combo can level to max level some just do it faster than others.

Also, you might hear about endgame but the endgame is rerolling and from my experience in EverQuest nothing is guaranteed no matter what anybody says so that perk you built your character around which allowed you to level 3% quicker might not exist one day.

TL;DR: Play it your way not somebody elses way and variety is the spice of life.
^

solid advice for this game or any Windows based mmo role playing game. Min/Maxing will be in any interesting game, this is the counter balance to it.

Take Ivory for example, P99's best known role player of gnomes.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ght=Boneknight