Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Default Red Server Pains

Recently, the population has been declining. This worries me because of my recent efforts to breathe life into the server by adding new players. Red has finally reached a good balance between two top-tier guilds, and now its population seems to be dwindling again (refer to end of Holocaust days).

Here are some underlying causes to why I think the server is beginning to fail:

The exp rate is horrid. With scarce groups, and twink griefer newbs running rampant, people are discouraged from playing here.

Reputation as a toxic community, and global ooc. Everyone's incessant nagging is a deterrent to a lot of people.

Bug fixes Unrest is bugged to hell, and virtually unplayable unless you have a level 60 to pull for you.

Simulated Repops These need to be re-implemented (if they were taken out). Each day past the 1st has a higher chance to repop to encourage people to keep timers, AND be on the ready for timed repops as normal. An example of how this could be done is: Mobs repop on Sunday. Each day after has a chance to randomly repop, or timers will be kept as normal until it finally repops. (Monday 7%, Tuesday 14%, Wednesday 21%, Thursday 28%, Friday 35%, Saturday 42%, so on.)

I've had lots of fun playing on Red99, and I would hope that the GMs appreciate us as much as we appreciate them. I would like more people to play here, more pvp, more guilds, more competition, etc.

If you have any ideas, please share. This is not a flame or troll thread, so please don't treat is as such. Thanks.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Last edited by Goobles; 03-25-2014 at 09:16 PM..
Old 03-25-2014, 09:09 PM
Banned

Heres an idea, put xp back to where it was and let the pop do all the work for ya, who will recruit new blood on other forums in preparation for Velious, just because theyd love to see red grow. We will be hitting 250+ in no time.

But heres my problem, i dont think were getting it straight. Deru said things were coming "very soon" well see how that goes. I think theyre crippling the pop on purpose, they have every feedback they need to understand what would populate the server and they keep nerfing the pop each time it gets close to regular 200.

Sorry for "trolling" but at this point they dont really need more ideas, they just need to implement some of the easy tweaks thats been suggested.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

What's wrong with Unrest? I leveled like all my characters there and it seemed fine.

Red99
Old 03-25-2014, 09:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Recently, the population has been declining. This worries me because of my recent efforts to breathe life into the server by adding new players. Red has finally reached a good balance between two top-tier guilds, and now its population seems to be dwindling again (refer to end of Holocaust days).

Here are some underlying causes to why I think the server is beginning to fail:

The exp rate is horrid. With scarce groups, and twink griefer newbs running rampant, people are discouraged from playing here.

Reputation as a toxic community, and global ooc. Everyone's incessant nagging is a deterrent to a lot of people.

Bug fixes Unrest is bugged to hell, and virtually unplayable unless you have a level 60 to pull for you.

I've had lots of fun playing on Red99, and I would hope that the GMs appreciate us as much as we appreciate them. I would like more people to play here, more pvp, more guilds, more competition, etc.

If you have any ideas, please share. This is not a flame or troll thread, so please don't treat is as such. Thanks.
Group Bonus: 6 Man Group = The previous individual EXP bonus.

Staggered Week-long Variance = It rewards neckbeards but also creates more mobile people, scouting parties, and small scale PvP.

Remove the hybrid EXP penelty = It gets removed in Velious, but alot of people want to play SKs, Rangers, and Bards, rip that shit out.

Bring back Guises for a limited time only as a promotional event. You're welcome, Chewie.

Create a PvP token/symbol/reward system to supplement coin loot, which many find boring.

In game leaderboard.

+/- 4 PvP range

Have global OOC display your location.

Start banning people like Rellapse and Hateraid on the forums. Aside from obvious trolls, the community isn't all that much worse than blue's, just a few days ago people were prasing staff when we thought exp was turned back on. Morale was high and personalities were positive.

Go forth with teams server or a new ffa box and just merge Red into Blue. I only say this because a wipe is not possible.
Last edited by Squire; 03-25-2014 at 09:35 PM..
Old 03-25-2014, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

When Velious is released, turn beta server into a new blue server that follows an accelerated timeline. When it catches up to where red is, merge the two into pvp.

Red99
Old 03-25-2014, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Terrible idea Faerie, people will stack items onto a character, /copy

Sorry.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When Velious is released, turn beta server into a new blue server that follows an accelerated timeline. When it catches up to where red is, merge the two into pvp.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-25-2014, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-25-2014, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Grant blue characters silly rewards that don't break game for red achievements. Get a level 30 on red, earn an illusion potion on blue. Level 50 gets a title.

Etc.

Red99
Old 03-25-2014, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Radical idea. = )