Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-19-2015, 04:19 PM
Skeleton

Question Account & its given hotmail etc, how to check?

Hey all !

TLDR; Who can help me figure out which hotmail ive linked to my P1999 account?

So i just started playing EQ and ive leveled to level 9 on a Wood Elf Bard. I'm having a great time, the best time i've had in an MMO since Vanguard shut down. But now that i've spent some time in the game i started thinking: i've got no idea how the account system works here or which hotmail my P1999 account is linked to.

I simply tried one of my go-to account names and passwords (i have created this account but it was a long time ago, i only logged on and probably ragequit lol.) Who can help me figure out which hotmail ive linked to my P1999 account? It feels scary to know so little about my own account hehe.. help! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Update: right after i made this thread i saw that i could check when i created this (last summer) and also if i have more than one login account (which i dont, and it said so.) But i still want to verify that i have the correct email adress.
Last edited by direth1105; 05-19-2015 at 04:21 PM..
Old 05-20-2015, 02:52 AM
Planar Protector

id start over at eqemulator.net and not the p1999 accounts. with eqemulator.net you create a forum account, and then up to 3 LoginServer accounts tied to that forum account. Thats most likely where you started and where you should try!
Old 05-20-2015, 07:00 AM
Skeleton

Okay i will, hopefully it is one of my active emails that i used (i'd think so actually, since it was last summer!) Thanks for the directions.

Update: Okay i dont know what email i've used over there, is it possible that i have created a login here without having access to my Eqemu forum account? Do i even need an account over at Eqemu or can i settle with just my P1999 login?

Double-update: Haha i've now also found out where you see your linked email towards your p1999 account so now i have access to everything here (login details, hotmail.) I also realize how amazingly shady this all must seem.. all in all ive just got no idea about my login stuff over at EQEmu, do i need it?
Last edited by direth1105; 05-20-2015 at 07:14 AM..
Old 05-20-2015, 10:11 AM
Retired Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by direth1105 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ive just got no idea about my login stuff over at EQEmu, do i need it?
Not if you created your server log in account here.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:30 AM
Banned

CSR can create a new emu account for you and transfer your characters/gear to it if you lost info. It happened for a few accounts on the red server recently. I believe this is a new service being offered, they never did it in the past.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:09 PM
Skeleton

Im so stupid, i had never created an EQEmu account in the first place. I have now created a user over there and linked my P1999 account to that one so problem solved! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]