Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 08:52 PM
Large Rat

Default New Shaman on Blue :)

Haven't given p1999 a shot in a very long time. Got a lvl 5 cleric and lvl 18 naked necro both made in 2010.. Necro is in dagnors, cleric is in EC tunnel. Found 200 pp between them I need to try and get on my new shaman. Going with Barbarian and I remember tht being quite a journey on foot. Obviously I know 200pp isn't a fortune, but could anyone recommend after aquiring spells how that would best be used to get some basic armor/weapons to get started?

Also if anyone that plays in the same time as me I'd love to have a duo partner. I'm in EST time, can play between midnight and 7am most days. Shaman is named tehya
Last edited by benzobf; 06-15-2021 at 09:15 PM..
Old 06-15-2021, 10:13 PM
Large Rat

Realized my Necro is still tagged in <BDA>, any of ya'll around from back in the EQC forum days?
Old 06-16-2021, 03:27 AM
Large Rat

Good luck in your adventures! Coming back from ~10 month break myself.
Given you're rolling new char, why not on Green? Why still play on a test server?
Old 06-16-2021, 06:59 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Given you're rolling new char, why not on Green? Why still play on a test server?
They're going to merge eventually or am I mistaken? I considered green I didn't see any reason to go there vs starting on blue. That logic you're using calling it a test server i similar to what people on live used to say about EQ Emu as a whole when most of them never even tried it. Or people who say WoW is a bad game because it's "Cartoony". Thats just my opinion. Now if a new server comes out I'll play but if I'm already deep in blue I dont see why not to just play that.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:05 AM
Aviak

In the end, ogre shaman is by far the best race of a face tanking solo shaman. The frontal stun immunity will cut out about half your interruptions. This coming from a 60 barb shaman.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:02 PM
Large Rat

It says right there on the wiki that Blue is "Beta". No idea about merging, I guess it was kept alive to preserve the community. Uthgard's current pop shows what happens when you a wipe a long-running server.

As for the items, my Shaman's early gear was a Banded set and Golden Jaded Bracelets. I also hanged around in Kithicor Forest at night for Ruined Battleworn Morning Star.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play on Blue because Green is full of TLP players, who have a different community culture than the people on Blue. Green is rife with boxing, cheating, KSing, antisocial personalities, etc to a much greater extent than on Blue. The amount of boxing I witnessed and reported (And saw punished) was staggering.

Of course, Green has its positives and Blue its negatives, but those are the reasons i play blue.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

I remember BDA and Chest. What is your shamans name? I may have an item or two in EC you could have?
Old 06-23-2021, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher1157 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the end, ogre shaman is by far the best race of a face tanking solo shaman. The frontal stun immunity will cut out about half your interruptions. This coming from a 60 barb shaman.
"By far"? I think not. Ogres are slightly better, on paper, because of their frontal stuin immunity, but the truth is it doesn't really matter what race you are at all at 60.

(Unless you care what color your polar bear form is.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-23-2021, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(Unless you care what color your polar bear form is.)
Polar bears only have one color.
Closed Thread