Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 02:25 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default neutral race vs evil cities

Hello[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like my gnome rogue but now I am reconsidering races.
Is there a more neutral race that would make traversing evil cities easier?
Old 07-02-2021, 05:11 PM
Kobold

getting the DE mask from lguk would make it painless & once you can save up enough buy a iksar mask to be able to walk in that town
Old 07-02-2021, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

The neutral deity is the most important part. Most races are pretty neutral without their diety, besides the evil ones.

So if your a neutral diety, DE mask will let you in to all the classic evil cities, and iksar mask into iksar town.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 07-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Banned

honestly i've met some innoruuk worshipers that are nicer more upstanding community minded people than some tunare worshippers
Old 07-03-2021, 11:06 AM
Banned

gnomes are only sorta hated in oggok and grobb they are kinda liked in neriak u may not even need a mask to do that one

tbh there is no really neutral race, someone hates u

agnostic ogres probably have the most potential tho

or an agnostic de warrior (but that DE is gonna have to ruin a lot of faction to go to felwithe)
Old 07-03-2021, 01:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gnomes are only sorta hated in oggok and grobb they are kinda liked in neriak u may not even need a mask to do that one

tbh there is no really neutral race, someone hates u

agnostic ogres probably have the most potential tho

or an agnostic de warrior (but that DE is gonna have to ruin a lot of faction to go to felwithe)
i think you could kill gargoyles and aqua goblin for faydwer faction
Old 07-09-2021, 12:40 PM
Kobold

I will reveal a Neriak insider secret: Indigo Brotherhood faction almost doesn't matter at all. There's (a) the warrior guild who never ever leaves their castle in Neriak, (b)dragoons at one camp on the zone wall on the way to Mistmoore, (c) Dorn B'Dynn, and (d) two teir dal ambassadors in Crushbone and Oggok respectively. No one you will ever have to care about will hate you for your Crushbone slaughter.
Old 07-09-2021, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

I always wondered if just playing everquest would be considered a micro aggression
Old 07-09-2021, 11:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will reveal a Neriak insider secret: Indigo Brotherhood faction almost doesn't matter at all. There's (a) the warrior guild who never ever leaves their castle in Neriak, (b)dragoons at one camp on the zone wall on the way to Mistmoore, (c) Dorn B'Dynn, and (d) two teir dal ambassadors in Crushbone and Oggok respectively. No one you will ever have to care about will hate you for your Crushbone slaughter.
Id rather be able to go to the indigo castle than any of those other zones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always wondered if just playing everquest would be considered a micro aggression
Yes. For starters the game rips direktly from infidel folklore and mysticism from which Christanity is founded upon (on top of) as well as Egyptian themes, death magic.

Karana is Odin.

Mithanial Marr is thor.

At the very least ur offending a few religious sects by even knowing about this game... is it really a game?
Old 07-14-2021, 09:08 PM
Kobold

Pick whatever rogue race makes you happy. The mask of deception suggestion does solve your problem depending on what deity you choose. Agnostic is the traditional choice to take advantage of illusion masks but choosing an evil deity along with a DE mask does open up some interesting faction options for quests but may mess you up in good(er) cities.