Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2021, 09:05 AM
Banned

Lightbulb Some advice to counter-balance the min-maxxers

Don't pick a race just because it has higher regen, hide, sneak, a special item, or whatever.

Instead, pick something you enjoy looking at and that you feel comfortable with others looking at.

Let's take the Iksar Necromancer as an example; the devs came along and created the Iksar Necromancer and this abomination of theirs made all non-iksar Necromancers technically obselete but my advice is don't play an Iksar Necromancer just for that reason and don't feel ashamed of playing a non-Iksar Necromancer.

I know girls don't like playing Iksar so they really have no choice but to either create a technically superior necromancer and play a race they hate just to fit in with the min-max crowd or create a race they love and be mocked by the min-max crowd.

Let me tell you this: Clicking 'create character' doesn't automatically make somebody a genius or a good player, anybody can do that, and EverQuest is just as much a visual experience as it is a numbers game so image has value in EverQuest.

Min-maxxers are one sided so they don't really care about the visuals, image, lore, and the social aspect of the game it's all about technical efficiency much of which is theoretical because in EverQuest you waste so much time not being technical and every race/class combo can level to max level some just do it faster than others.

Also, you might hear about endgame but the endgame is rerolling and from my experience in EverQuest nothing is guaranteed no matter what anybody says so that perk you built your character around which allowed you to level 3% quicker might not exist one day.

TL;DR: Play it your way not somebody elses way and variety is the spice of life.
Old 07-11-2021, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

If you want to play a dark elf necromancer then it really is irrelevant how good an iksar necromancer will be - it will never be a dark elf necromancer.
Last edited by Jimjam; 07-11-2021 at 09:38 AM..
Old 07-11-2021, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to play a dark elf necromancer then it really is irrelevant how hood an iksar necromancer will be - it will never be a dark elf necromancer.
Obviously, cool factor is an unlisted racial and the uglier and dumber you are the better technical perk you get to compensate to make up for how ridiculous one looks.

It all comes down to whether you want to look good or bad while doing it; if you are happy to do it looking bad you will do it slighly quicker than somebody who does it looking good (for a little while).

If image has no value in EverQuest and it's just a numbers game then delete all Necromancers except Iksar Necromancers but then again soloing is innificient compared to a well balanced well fed group so delete all Necromancers if there is no scenic route in EverQuest.

Making a Halfling Cleric just for sneak or an Ogre SK just for anti-stun is a bad idea if you don't like the look of Halfling/Ogre.
Old 07-11-2021, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Play in first person view like it's meant to be
Old 07-11-2021, 02:05 PM
Fire Giant

I play Iksar because I genuinely like the race. Picked up EQ on May 23rd, 2000 or around the release of RoK. Iksar also have great lore. Regen, Forage, and AC bonus are welcome extras though.

You could also say that technically, the true race of any Necromancer is a bloody skeleton.

P99B Strazha (60 Warlock) [Iksar]
P99B Sstrix (60 Warlord) [Iksar]
P99B Sickjams (5 Bard) [EC Mule]
P99G Sauna (51 Channeler) [Gnome]
P99R Sseri (54 Mystic) [Iksar]
VZ/TZ '08-'09 Lurgort (60 Shaman) [Barbarian] <Eight Inches Unbuffed>
Last edited by Lurgort/Sseri; 07-11-2021 at 02:10 PM..
Old 07-11-2021, 08:23 PM
Banned

I spent $40 bucks to boost an orc mage for shadowlands and dropped another $20 on one of those tokens. In my mind she's like a 10/10 orc special forces ranger that instead of using dung as camouflage uses ground up sprite darters and naga for that neutral finish that let's her blend in with the environment.

Her hero is Draka, another strong ork woman who's not just a brute but a brilliant strategist and charismatic leader.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

roll necro and put all points into wis
Old 07-11-2021, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

I 100% agree on picking a race for pure fashion reason... except when it comes to necromancer (you picked a really bad example), Iksar is so much better its really pretty dumb to not pick it and it makes you much worse at 60 than your Iksar counterparts.

I had a level 60 Dark Elf Shadow Knight on Blue and I had 0 regrets on not picking Ogre, Troll, or whatever else.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 07-11-2021 at 11:40 PM..
Old 07-11-2021, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

A pox of bertoxxulous on you!
Old 07-12-2021, 07:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A pox of bertoxxulous on you!
innuruuk is the lamest god 2why did they give the dork elfs a smelly boy?
Closed Thread