Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 02:52 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Smile New to the Server

Hey all,

Just wanted to introduce myself because 1-5 has been pretty lonely so far.

My character's name is Shogo, I'm a bumbling, fumbling, level 5 necromancer who spends more time tripping on his robe than he does casting spells. Field of Bones has been interesting so far. I quit EQ back when Kunark was released, so apart from relearning the game, I'm getting familiar with Kunark, a place that seems much more chaotic than the peaceful Nektolus and Common Lands I remember.

I'm posting in hopes to just meet some people and make some friends. I know I rolled a pretty solo oriented class, but I'm eager to play in groups as much as possible. There is something about sitting at a static camp with a few others for hours on end that I really miss.

I'm open to rerolling a more group friendly class if it means having a static group of people to play with. Just be patient with my initial newbie qualities and you'll have my loyalty until the end.

Anyhoo, my play times around around 5PM - midnight PST weekdays and whenever weekends.

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day!
Old 05-13-2015, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome to the server! Similar play times here, when you get a bit higher level. Necromancers are actually quite good in a group as long as they are on their toes. They've got that delicious charm pet dps, basic heals/mez, and root.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

Welcome to the server!

If you don't know about it already, Sesserdrix has written a nice guide for necromancers. I didn't follow it to the letter, and it's directed toward solo, but it's a useful resource. See the section, "Grouping as a Necromancer."

As for grouping, you can probably find a nice group at the ramp in FoB then move on to Kurns around 12 or so, where necromancers flock together to assemble their undead armies..