Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 12:16 PM
Banned

yeah i don't hate blue

personally i want to make a new game that makes blue obsolete tho
Old 06-09-2021, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah i don't hate blue

personally i want to make a new game that makes blue obsolete tho
Something besides EQ.
Old 06-09-2021, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

The randomized loot tables on mischife are hands down the most fun I've had playing EQ since I discovered p99

The thing I like abut eq is memorising the patterns and using that to be better at it. It's kind of old school gaming style. Learn the pattern of the boss, while dying many times, to then figure out how to defeat him with your eyes closed.

EQ is like that only on a grander scale. I always thought it would be a dumb idea to mix things up by randomising loot because it would remove the patterns that made EQ cool, but in practice its not that way at all.

It creates this environment where im like, "what do tonight, oh i know, go to kerra to see what drops!" and its fun! "oh ill go to the shadowknight in befallen and see if he has any special loot!"

asking people "hey this dead imp corpse, drop anything cool!??"

it's like when I was a kid playing this game, and there was still mystery... but stil my patern recognition gives me advantage in at least just knowing WHERE the rare spawns are.

So its like, best of both worlds I discovered.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:27 PM
Banned

Randomizing loot helps break the OCD a lot of EQ players suffer.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

Lot of us like that our toons are well established and we can still have fun helping people and doing misc quest without having to time sink anymore.

Sorry you missed the boat but please stop wishing ill on people's fun server just cause you were late to the party!

Go play those pay to win Kronos servers where you can box and macroquest and all that other crap that's on live /nod.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

I grouped with Allishia in karnor castle basement when she was leveling her dark elf warrior.

Was one of the best tanks I've grouped with.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I grouped with Allishia in karnor castle basement when she was leveling her dark elf warrior.

Was one of the best tanks I've grouped with.
Lol, those were hard times, with my crappy yak from the dark elf camp and that torq stun well from steamfont rofl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-09-2021, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

OP, Rogean/Project 1999 never ever wipe their servers. Their servers can be viewed as museums, perpetually inhabited by those who play there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
from what i gathered blue is over a decade old and is no longer updated
It's not "no longer updated." It's complete. It has reached the completion of its intended timeline. Blue will continue to change, however, if bugs are fixed or if new classic evidence is presented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
meanwhile green server can use the spurt of players across all zones.
Not at all true. Green is overcrowded at the top end and pretty well populated throughout the level ranges.

Quote:
does this server/branch/forum have a signing of petitions for the good of the future?
Rogean and perhaps Nilbog make all decisions regarding the future of P99. They do not take into account player opinions. They don't even care if people play here. Their sole goal is to replicate classic EverQuest as it was from 1999-2001.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
potato patoto u bigot
A patoto is not a potato. It's generalizations like this that make prejudice so prevalent. Your words matter. Choose them more carefully. U clownshoe.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP, Rogean/Project 1999 never ever wipe their servers. Their servers can be viewed as museums, perpetually inhabited by those who play there.

It's not "no longer updated." It's complete. It has reached the completion of its intended timeline. Blue will continue to change, however, if bugs are fixed or if new classic evidence is presented.

Not at all true. Green is overcrowded at the top end and pretty well populated throughout the level ranges.

Rogean and perhaps Nilbog make all decisions regarding the future of P99. They do not take into account player opinions. They don't even care if people play here. Their sole goal is to replicate classic EverQuest as it was from 1999-2001.

Thankfully, this is the real truth.
Closed Thread