Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Progressing a rogue from classic scrap to kunark BIS is really rewarding on a populated box with active grouping.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another reason is because its best to make a farm character first because melee can't solo any high end camps like Guk, IG's, Nox, etc.

I made a paladin because I thought, "they have soothe, 2h damage, tankiness, self heals, double stun, buffs, roots etc, so its gotta be a strong solo melee class." Without knowing that mob damage is broken and melee still take a ridiculous amount of damage regardless of gear.

Now I wish I had a caster.
Whats funny is I have a little of both, and on my melee characters I felt the same way.. Its like your still made of paper. Then I'm like F it, back to Wizard. Then you hear the bone crunches and your lifebar vanish instantly and realize.. Actually melee do mitigate quite a lot.. Its just these NPC fuckers are like hyper blending machines lol. So unfair. Even their magic usage is unfair. We are essentially all leveling mostly from mobs who cant use magic who we are desperately trying to simply not take ANY hits from and thats essentially the way the game is balanced. They never really figured out the whole combat / mitigation thing, defensive discipline is sort of an easy to calculate bandaid being used as a percentage and all
Old 03-05-2020, 12:45 PM
Fire Giant

Hybrids are underpowered anyway and that 40% penalty is among the worst ideas ever implemented in a mmo. War and rogue cant solo and can be very boring if youre grinding.

That leaves monk and there are plenty of those.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hybrids are underpowered anyway and that 40% penalty is among the worst ideas ever implemented in a mmo. War and rogue cant solo and can be very boring if youre grinding.

That leaves monk and there are plenty of those.
It was actually the introduction of disciplines, particularly the stupidly overpowered warrior ones where they went wrong. Originally SK/paladins were 95% warriors(and could easily replace a warrior for anything, including raid content )and 50% cleric/necro. But then the warrior disciplines showed up. that is what screwed everything up.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was actually the introduction of disciplines, particularly the stupidly overpowered warrior ones where they went wrong. Originally SK/paladins were 95% warriors(and could easily replace a warrior for anything, including raid content )and 50% cleric/necro. But then the warrior disciplines showed up. that is what screwed everything up.
I concur for the most part with this. In classic, in terms of performance, hybrids are actually pretty good!
Old 03-05-2020, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I just picked my ranger back up and im on a blitz journey to level 35 in hopes for mask before times up and then beyond when the cool solusel quests come. I'm level 11 and hitting it hard. My ultimate tip for those who dont like the class pops.. Invite hybrids because they are awesome especially me gooby pls I harmony / tank / doops for you good plz thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But seriously I do think the balance is weird at times, Classic it's not too bad except in the Kunark era, then its good during velious for the most part.
It's satisfying I was 100% right when I guessed after I saw you post about ranger weapons the other day.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Balance is what it is, you have to play passionately.

All the classes are cool. Some are less efficient and some solo not-so-well.

Hybrids took a best of both worlds penalty and on top of that are masters of very little. Still they are fun characters to be.

No twinking needed game is mad easy just long. Enjoy the journey.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-05-2020, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's satisfying I was 100% right when I guessed after I saw you post about ranger weapons the other day.
Hehe, I have been clericing and got my guise on him so now I need to finish what i originally planned. Hes a wood elf now but I'm chugging along. I had trouble at release due to the crowds. I need to figure out a magic boots situation though and decide on what SNES sprite works best for a ranger lol
Last edited by Cen; 03-05-2020 at 03:08 PM..
Old 03-05-2020, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if code is wrong or if its how it was on live, but mob melee or player mitigation is broken.

For example I can't even solo an Ice Giant as a planar geared paladin and BIS weapon. And that goes for all melee, even Nagak, whos a BIS SK with lifetaps said he can't solo them either.

Same problem while leveling. Light blue and especially blue mobs at higher levels will destroy you regardless of your gear as melee.

But I understand why devs may be hesitant to change anything at this point.
This guy...

"I'll just roll an Erudite Paladin so i can solo camps at 50!"

Where have you been for 20 years?
Old 03-05-2020, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Balance is flawless. Game is flawless and 100% complete, perfection.

Don't make me call the pope.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread