Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 07:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspomwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
edit: don't get me wrong, I love the idea of instances, I just don't see it happening.
I agree.

But there are other ways. For example, spawn rates could be increased. Say dragon, that spawn once a week could randomly spawn once a day. But guild that finished raid, would have say 7 days cool down, before it can raid the same dragon again. That way, more guilds would get a chance and there would be less complaining and disputes.

These kind of changes shouldn't be too hard to implement. Probably much easier, than adding instances?
Last edited by pivo; 11-05-2020 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: No reason!
Old 11-05-2020, 09:29 PM
Banned

I have been loving raiding on my other alts. Casual as fuck raiding feels nice. Because when I dont wanna be at a raid I dont get penalized.

With that said I am LOVING the surge of raidbanned players in exp zones again. From fucking Oasis to Velks there is always something to do other than raiding. With that said, one more set of enter keys:

Leave em banned
Old 11-05-2020, 10:45 PM
Aviak

This raid ban has been a blessing. The filthy casuals can finally get their tiny teeth on equipment that may be worthy of wielding. TBH, it gives a taste of the constant loot that you can have on a regular basis as a member of the most sophisticated raiding guild on the server (<Riot>). No politics, just loot and fun times with amazing players across the globe.
Old 11-05-2020, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

Might be a secret conspiracy to further spread the Pixel Sickness to the second-tier guilds so as to increase the top-end's recruitment pool later on. Optionally perhaps the top guilds simply like arguing with each other more than they enjoy the actual game.

Danth
Old 11-05-2020, 11:10 PM
Banned

The last two posts assume everyone else is like them.
Old 11-05-2020, 11:10 PM
Banned

But also admitting they also needed a bancation.
Old 11-05-2020, 11:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But also admitting they also needed a bancation.
From what? I go on a raid on P99 maybe once a year or so. Haven't been on one at all this year thus far. Never have been big on the high-end in this game. I know better, and I have enough of a backbone to say, "No." Instead I stick to the parts of the game that are fun, many of which you seem to be rediscovering based on your own earlier post.

Danth
Old 11-06-2020, 12:25 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks to anyone being positive on the thread. Important for people to remember we got two kinds of people in the world. Good people, and good people who are hurting. If you ever find yourself jumping up and down with a pitchfork and cheering on another person's punishment fervently, it might be time for some self reflection, or at least some yournaling.

That being said. I have two more AMAZzzzing ideas on how to fix everything.

1. Bag limits on mobs. Assign a point value to each mob, assign how much points each guild gets, once you hit your limit for the week you're done. If you do something honorable and worthy to have a GM take note of you, you get GM inspiration which is 1d6+9 points for the week.

2. I think this idea that the ban is good is just how some people's frustration with the overall lack of content is manifesting. The two project leads have said since day one they did plan on doing some sort of custom content past velious. I'm not sure if that's changed since their sanctioning by daybreak, but it would be an amazing community event to submit new quest, raid event, or even zone ideas. The titanium client has access to a ton of zones that would fit amazingly with the lore of trilogy.

In terms of custom content..We have some amazing people in the p99 community that would looove to help with updating the lazy/crappy/down right offensively bad weapon graphics for legendary weapons that are guarded by ancient dragons/beast/heroes of norrath. Let's quit ruining our immersion thinking a dragon would guard a blade that looks IDENTICAL to one carried by a decaying skeleton...
Old 11-06-2020, 02:08 AM
Kobold

If people have unresolved mental health issues

And their solution is to find release by laying p99 blue

Then keep in mind this Tibetan proverb

To attain enlightenment
Carry water and chop wood

To maintain enlightenment
Carry more water and chop more wood.

The solution to your mental problems are simple Daniel San.
Step 1) Farm cracked staves and bone chips.
Step 2) farm more cracked staves and more bone chips.

And if that doesn’t work
Step 3). Seek help
Old 11-06-2020, 02:50 AM
Planar Protector

The issue isn’t Riot, AG, and Freedom. Take them out of the equation and soon enough Kittens and TSS or two or three other random guilds will ban together and the same shit would happen. The competition at the top is cutthroat and these raiders play for keeps. The ReAl issue is that there are not enough Raid targets for the amount of lvl 60s on blue.
Last edited by ScottBerta; 11-06-2020 at 02:52 AM..
Closed Thread