RED:
50 Enchanter
24 Wiz
24 Dru
19 Rog
Old 07-18-2014, 10:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even post root-nerf, I've held down 2 HS south named spawns without much trouble.
For real? Kill casters and HTers until you pop safer mobs, root adds and kill named then camp off adds then move to the other camp and repeat? I always assumed it'd be a bit much to break a random pop at a camp in south as a shaman without strings to help... though I can see how it'd be much less trouble if you had a camp of level 49-50 biles and wurms + 1 named to deal with than when it's popped with level 52 necros and HTers.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've spent a lot of time in hs north, shaman camping there is very very rare. Most I've seen them hold down is 1 spawn room. With how long root rotting takes and respawn times, you wouldn't be able to hold down all 3 rooms. Plus there's casters and now you gotta worry about root breaking. It was an already tough spot for a shaman and became tougher recently.
Shamans can do some crazy things at times, but no way you are doing HS North solo. And You had better be a Ogre Shaman at that to even try. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Every patch lately has just made some things harder and harder. Man if one of your roots break you are toast compared to a Chanter being able to mezz. They can charm a lot higher DPS mob than your dog can do by far. I know Shamans can take on 2 or 3 mobs in KC or Seb and with some luck with Torpar and the Epic make it happen, but clearing out a whole room full of mobs just is not what they are cut out for. They are good toe to toe with one mob IF you are a Ogre, even in Velious. I think you are trying to do something that is not going to have a good outcome. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-19-2014, 02:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shamans can do some crazy things at times, but no way you are doing HS North solo. And You had better be a Ogre Shaman at that to even try. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Every patch lately has just made some things harder and harder. Man if one of your roots break you are toast compared to a Chanter being able to mezz. They can charm a lot higher DPS mob than your dog can do by far. I know Shamans can take on 2 or 3 mobs in KC or Seb and with some luck with Torpar and the Epic make it happen, but clearing out a whole room full of mobs just is not what they are cut out for. They are good toe to toe with one mob IF you are a Ogre, even in Velious. I think you are trying to do something that is not going to have a good outcome. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem to think Ogre is way better than it actually is.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fungi regen is very noticeable, even if you have Torpor. Dunno how you can "barely notice" it.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem to think Ogre is way better than it actually is.
And you may be discounting Ogre too much. Stun immunity is immensely noticeable, I played Barb shaman 99-06ish and rolled Ogre here immediately. Now if this server went to PoP-ish era, I would argue Troll, then Iksar, then Ogre. But with Velious being cap you cannot ignore Ogre.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Kobold

Doesn't a fully slowed mob only bash like every 32 seconds or something like that?
Fail 50 Wood Elf Ranger
Alleged 44 Troll Shadowknight
Denyed 35 Dark Elf Wizard
Downfall 32 Half Elf Bard
RED:
50 Enchanter
24 Wiz
24 Dru
19 Rog
Old 08-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Sarnak

fully slowed mobs are not the problem, it's when they are bashing you before slow has successfully landed.

and yeah you can time around it, but start getting resisted and you want to chain it as fast as possible not wait another 4s taking melee hits to try again
Old 08-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

I'm glad other people are starting to post what Manticmuse just did so that I can rest easy.

The hardest part of fights is getting a mob slowed, exactly when stun immunity is at its best. Timing around bash is usually dumb since it's not guaranteed to land. Plus, if you're counting to 8 or 32 or whatever, you can be using that brain power to do something else.

I would have paid assloads of cash to switch my shaman over from an iksar to ogre on live. Svenn has mentioned that he wishes he made an Ogre, and he's pretty much the authority on how to min/max a shaman on P99.

Anyhow, not to derail this thread. Relatively speaking, shaman soloing is a much better fit in Velious, but they can still do most everything in Kunark if you are careful.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

HS north ain't going to happen without Strings. Only so much you can do even with root. It does break and your ass is had. Enchanters rule there for a reason. And even they F up at times. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Hard area.
Closed Thread