Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Default Inquiry: Leaderboard Points

I'd like to know how you guys think points on the leaderboard should function. Basically, how should it be different than it is now? Assume the board has access to what level the people are.

I have an idea of how I'd like to see it, but I'm curious to see what you people think without the ideas being fettered by ideas of my own.

Right now: people are worth 5 points base. Every time a person is killed in PvP, their killer steals 10% of their points. Penalties for people who have died recently.

Example change: All people level 55 or less start out worth 1/10 the points of people in range to 60 PvP. People with no kills are further penalized an additional 66%, and people with 1-2 kills are penalized an additional 33%.

What do you guys think is the right way to do it?
Old 02-02-2015, 07:42 PM
Fire Giant

kill value based on number of players you have killed. essentially a bounty. Players under a certain level and under a certain # of kills worth 0 points, to discourage griefers topping leaderboards, but allow people to continue griefing if they are just huge nolife hacks who can't cut it on their mains... added benefit of making hunting twinked griefers very lucrative point wise as they have lots of kills

Also, have a multiplier in play for K[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ratio, so uncontested twinks are really worth a lot more, than say, people who actively pvp and will have more normalized KDR's.

My personal ideas on how to make positive changes and make leaderboard more oriented towards more pvp for server.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Idk im just sick of killing 30 people and they are all worth jack shot but when someone who has an ass load of points dies they get mad points, i think that promotes only pvping with a zerg and is just a retarded system....some people in vp loot are literally worth.0 points, i think a kil should.give you a base amount no matter what they are ranked
Old 02-02-2015, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

People under a certain level shouldn't be worth anything. This would really discourage low level CB and MM twinks.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Current model supports twink griefing pretty heavily. Level 10 everyone's worth .50 if you haven't died yet. That's a ton of points considering most people I kill at level 60 are worth .10 or less.

Maybe do the point system based on level brackets with it increasing based on current kill streak.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:09 PM
Sarnak

A function of KDR and level IMO. Killing a 60 even with a horrible KDR should always be worth more than a level 10.

This will push the low level twinks right down the leader board and encourage pvp at level 60. Functioning KDR in means griefing folks is less lucrative than hunting big targets.

Lose 10% of points when you die.

Maybe everyone starts on 0 and if you kill someone you get their level in points multiplied by their KDR?
Old 02-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

Add points per "pras" in the following 10-15 seconds after the kill (limit 1 point per character)
Old 02-02-2015, 08:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Add points per "pras" in the following 10-15 seconds after the kill (limit 1 point per character)
Move to resolved
Old 02-02-2015, 08:40 PM
Fire Giant

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
needs different brackets based on level imo

56+ would be the main bracket, or just make a main bracket specifically for the level 60s

leaderboards in EQ are flawed in so many ways tho considering all the different variables like level, class, group pvp, solo pvp, etc.

i would prefer just a YT tracker without stats

also a global /ooc tracker system
basically would like to make his shit zerg guild appear better than it is
Old 02-02-2015, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Move to resolved
Closed Thread