Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Default CCNA

I just decided today to start studying for the CCNA. I have minimal network experience and have never done anything on the enterprise level.

Have any of you guys done it or tried to do it? How much preparation did you require? I'm planning to breeze through this stuff and give it a shot. I bet I don't need even one tenth the time of all you stupid motherfuckers out there.

Ya morans
Old 11-19-2015, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

quit everquest
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

How hard can it really be?
Old 11-19-2015, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just decided today to start studying for the CCNA. I have minimal network experience and have never done anything on the enterprise level.

Have any of you guys done it or tried to do it? How much preparation did you require? I'm planning to breeze through this stuff and give it a shot. I bet I don't need even one tenth the time of all you stupid motherfuckers out there.

Ya morans
I've had my CCNA for like 10 years now.

Use CBT nuggets. It isn't free but it is by far the best training experience. I'm doing some CCNP specialization exams now to renew all my CCNA/CCNP/CCDA/CCDP and specializations, etc and I always go back to the CBT nuggets to brush up. It isn't free but it is worth it, and if you want to be a dick you can probably find torrents of the videos somewhere.

As for the test, it isn't super in depth but it is very broad. You need to know a little about a lot basically. And if you can't do subnetting quickly in your head you should get that down first.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Hey thanks for the info. I've skimmed through the CCNA course on a free site called Cybrary - it looked extensive but relatively easy. I thought the lab section looked a bit weak so I might try to find a lab elsewhere. I'll probably stick to free stuff for the CCNA and use something better in the future for further certifications. I'm a pretty motivated self-learner so I think I should at least be able to nail this CCNA relatively quickly. I'll probably try the 7-day free trial on the Nuggets site once I think I have this down and see if there's any material there I'm not familiar with yet.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

The one thing I like about CBT nuggets is I feel like I actually absorb the information for real world use instead of just getting instructed on how to pass an exam. As someone who designs and implements solutions which include Cisco products for a living, certs are nice and all but at the end of the day it comes down to knowing the tech not just the test answers.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:18 PM
Banned

Crowd Control Not Applicable
Old 11-19-2015, 06:33 PM
Banned

you are wasting your time, the chance of successfully obtaining a job using your CCNA is probably 1 in 10 thousand.

the sheer amount of college all stars with entry level certs in the IT field is staggering and every single one is blown off because quite simply you cant do shit with a ccna.

also please understand cisco is NOT microsoft and it has been their intention to have routers and switches configure themselves with nice GUI's that make router admins pretty much obsolete,

command line ios is dead, trust me i was a router admin for several years.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

You are literally 100% wrong in everything you just said. And there is no such job as a "router admin".

I've been in the networking field for over 10 years and when I'm hiring engineers I won't even consider them if they don't have a CCNA.

Not to mention for a lot of companies partnership benefits with Cisco are in large part determined by the certification level of your staff.

Will you get hired because you have a CCNA? No. Will you NOT get hired because you don't have one? Absolutely.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Hey, good luck Jeremy!