Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 05:06 AM
Fire Giant

Dap should go on strike for a week. People take it for granted
Old 02-27-2017, 06:08 AM
Fire Giant

I agree with the going on strike idea but scabs and alts would rise to the occasion. Personally, I've never had an issue with DaP although I use boats and the Firepot room far more than a druid port. Every time I have used a teleport though, I cough up 1pp/level with a 50pp cap or a 25pp minimum if the character is >25. They're out to make a profit, I'm out to save time, and I have a farming character.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:44 AM
Planar Protector

I think to often have problems with Dial a Port, you are either using them very frequently (so thru sheer numbers you are going to find a few bad eggs) or you have to look at the common denominator that isn't Dial a Port.

I think I've caused them more problems than they've caused me!
Old 02-27-2017, 08:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dap should go on strike for a week. People take it for granted
^This is a good idea. Probably better to go the full march and shut servers down for 1 week, 1 month, or whatever length of time, for the same reasoning.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

The worst I have had happen is either blatantly ignored even though their tag is up, or a rather curt "I am too busy" when I have asked for a free port on a brand new alt. I don't feel entitled here though. I simply send tell to another of their members and every time, I have found one willing to port me for FREE.

I have never had a DAP member be rude, obnoxious, or asinine.

I think people also forget that sometimes these guys literally have 4-10 tells coming in, guild chat running, questions about possible ports, etc., so when they get to you to port you, often times they are responding and trying to keep your port in mind as well as others who need a port.

They might not be overly friednly or talkative but it's not because they are rude. It's because they are simply in multi-communications with people other than you.

I think people offended by not having a friendly porter simply lack the empathy to understand that there's more going on than just them and their personal interactions with the porter.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

People are saying that DaP is the reason we can't bind at Firepots any more and we won't be getting Luclin or PoP because the Nexus and Books would kill their cartel. This server has been corrupted by DaP at the highest levels.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dap should go on strike for life
Old 02-27-2017, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People are saying that DaP is the reason we can't bind at Firepots any more and we won't be getting Luclin or PoP because the Nexus and Books would kill their cartel. This server has been corrupted by DaP at the highest levels.
After reading this, I have thought of some other ways DaP could be harming the server's raid scene.

Obviously when the socks need to be ported en masse, they always call on DaP.

Thanks to DaP always being on stand by, this makes mobilizing a raid force even easier granting rich socks even more opportunity to keep the spawning raid mobs on lock down.

Poorer socks that can't afford DaP's immense tip charges are forced to sit and watch the rich socks port nearly instantly to any raid location DaP has to offer.

Totally unfair!
Old 02-27-2017, 12:08 PM
Fire Giant

Wink

all these arbitrary "reasonable" donations are super silly ^^ if you feel bad for offering less than you "think" is "right" you dumb and if you get rustled that someone offer less than what you "think" is "right" you dumb too. there a super simple solution if someone unhappy with an offer and nobody need be upset. it called saying, "no." don't have to be a turd about neither. just ask if it enough and if not, thank them for they time. conversely if you a porter, just decline and thank them for considering you. it not all that hard and don't have to be all "omgosh that person such "D!"" kinda thing. jus communicate and be friendly with one another ^^
Old 02-27-2017, 01:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can still bind at firepots but you have to compensate DaP for the lost business and pay them a large weekly fee. Also they don't let just anyone do it; you need references, proof of credit and someone to give you a personal introduction to Tupakk. You would know this if you were more in the know, but you're not so I can't really say any more about it.
Closed Thread