Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 12:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In a group today, consistently chain pulling whites and yellows and reds, it has taken over an hour and a half just to get one yellow at level 6.
I don't wanna call you a liar or anything but something seems off about these numbers. I don't see how all of that information could be correct unless your group was 6 Ogre Rangers punching things to death.

Even the Everfrost tundra group I was invited to last night gained experience at a faster rate, and that was definitely not optimal. And I'm twice your level.

Besides, no one really cares about the actual exp you get from Blackburrow compared to the gnoll fang experience. That's why people still kill stuff there after its gone green.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MuHhhH CANT HaNDLe CLASSIC XP!!!!!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:55 PM
Kobold

Seems fine to me. I solo'd my druid to the mid levels when I first started blue in 2010 and my current druid feels somewhat faster because I know about some quests. I remember my first group was in HHK. It was so boring and so slow that I almost immediately began looking for a replacement. Then I began doing trios in the late 20s and the exp was amazing.

It's slow as shit and even slower in groups. That's the same all the way up, tbh. If you want the quickest exp and have any ability to solo (*I mean practical ability, not bind wounding after every kill or spending 10 minutes medding after 4 mobs) you are better off not grouping. Without any gear whatsoever that is a limited pool of people though, so eventually you'll need to farm money or get groups at gear camps.

Well that and there's a ton of people so you need to group or wait for everyone to outlevel you if you want any mobs.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't understand how it works, or you wouldn't say something like this.
Thanks. Not sure why we have to be negative/take a tone, but okay. Hybrid penalties are shared among the group are they not? If I have a hybrid who is a level higher than me, he would also take some of my exp by virtue of being higher level of course. Is that not how it works?
Old 10-28-2019, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

I rolled a ranger so eli5: Solo until 8-10ish rather than group if i dont wanna commit sudoku out the gate?
Old 10-28-2019, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

CERTAIN ZONES "appear" to have their XP rates reduced significantly.

It does NOT seem right that I can see people literally going from level 12-16 faster than I've gone from level 4-6 (in a group that was chain-killing redcon halflings in Nektulos Forest)..........

Right now in a full-group of 6 in SRO, again chain-killing red con orcs, we're getting (roughly) 1.5yellows per hour at level 7.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:07 PM
Aviak

Wait, are you saying that my Shadowknight levels slower than other classes? Why?
Old 10-28-2019, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CERTAIN ZONES "appear" to have their XP rates reduced significantly.

It does NOT seem right that I can see people literally going from level 12-16 faster than I've gone from level 4-6 (in a group that was chain-killing redcon halflings in Nektulos Forest)..........

Right now in a full-group of 6 in SRO, again chain-killing red con orcs, we're getting (roughly) 1.5yellows per hour at level 7.
Would the relative Zone Experience Modifiers explain your observations? According to the ZEM list, nearly all classic outdoor zones have the standard ZEM of 75, while city zones have 100, and certain zones (mostly dungeons) have even better exp bonuses (boni? hehe).
http://wiki.project1999.com/Recommen...s_and_ZEM_List
Old 10-28-2019, 02:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would the relative Zone Experience Modifiers explain your observations? According to the ZEM list, nearly all classic outdoor zones have the standard ZEM of 75, while city zones have 100, and certain zones (mostly dungeons) have even better exp bonuses (boni? hehe).
http://wiki.project1999.com/Recommen...s_and_ZEM_List
As of note, the ZEM list is horribly wrong for quite a few zones. Droga, Nurga, and Dalnir all have really nice ZEM bonuses on Blue, but they are listed as 75 on the wiki.

Don't go by the wiki.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks. Not sure why we have to be negative/take a tone, but okay. Hybrid penalties are shared among the group are they not? If I have a hybrid who is a level higher than me, he would also take some of my exp by virtue of being higher level of course. Is that not how it works?
This is how it works. But this isn't what you said before.

You said that similar-level hybrids wouldn't account for slower exp "because it's shared" amongst the group. But that's exactly what makes the exp slower, because similar-level hybrids have more exp earned so far than people without penalties, and therefore soak up a larger portion of the exp per kill, and therefore increase the time per level all other things being equal.

There isn't a negative tone just because I told you you didn't understand something.

If you want people to believe you, you need to do more than have some gut feeling that things are too slow, especially when others don't feel that way, and some folks even have TESTED and found it to be just fine. Go exp for 2 hours in a group, noting the exact amount of what levels you earn and the levels of the others folks in the group and the number of mobs you kill and their cons (better yet, levels, based on max hits) and do some math and THEN come here and claim something is off.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-28-2019 at 02:39 PM..
Closed Thread