Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-21-2020, 04:58 PM
Fire Giant

Default Crashing While Looting Corpse and Opening Inventory

I went through the FAQ and updated all my drivers and made sure everything else was correct before posting here. I’m finding myself crashing almost 100% of the time I loot my corpse. As soon as I right click it then it completely freezes. I have to control alt delete to close out eq and wait for my char to go LD. The weird part is, when I log back in I am able to loot my corpse 100% of the time without crashing.

The other time this seems to happen is occasionally when I hit “I” to open inventory the same thing happens. Been using the same computer to play P99 for years so not really sure what to make of this. The only thing I think I changed was my UI awhile back but not sure why that would make a difference.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Barlu
Old 12-21-2020, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

If you're using the rustle UI I believe this issue was fixed in a newer version. Not sure though - I use the "classic" ui on both blue/green.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=crash+looting

-Mcoy
Old 12-21-2020, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

For anyone who didn't know (as I didn't), there's a "Rustle 2.1" version, which calls itself "Rustle 2" also (but you can tell the difference by checking the readme file inside the zip file ... the 2.1 one will have notes that mention the 2.1 update).

You can get that latest version at: https://www.eqinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=6828 Crashes aside it's a really great UI, so I highly recommend it (Deezy rocks!)

EDIT: I take that back: the 2.1 version won't even load for me. Guess we're waiting on a 2.2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-21-2020 at 06:39 PM..
Old 12-21-2020, 06:59 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you both! I ran some searches looking for it and appreciate you guys finding what I couldn’t. Am using the Rustle UI and it looks like I’ll need to load the classic UI before looting or switch back to the classic UI. I played for years with the original and am now spoiled and love a lot of the features. Thank you both again and I’ll see how it goes with the /load skin and if I can remember to do that.
Old 12-21-2020, 07:12 PM
Fire Giant

This also makes a lot more sense why I couldn’t recreate the issue. I made a lvl 1 in Freeport and loaded up Rustle UI. I could punch the guard and loot my corpse 10 times in a row without ever crashing. When id go onto one of my actual characters would still crash every time I looted. Makes sense now that the character with no bags and no coin didn’t crash.