Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Kobold

Default Single Overwrites AOE

I spent months AOE mezzing trains my groups began trusting me to handle. The rotation was AOE mez followed by single target fixing each individual mob followed by debuffing every mob followed by the tank taunting before breaking mez and maybe a caster rooting them. This would have not been possible at all had single target mez not overwritten AOE mez.
This is, of course, assuming one enchanter is running the show. In the case of multiple enchanters, the lower level enchanter could not overwrite the higher's spells period because level of caster trumped other stacking considerations.

-Brimacombe
Old 05-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Kobold

AoE mez should be overwritten by single target mez. It is why it was put in the game. Large pulls, AoE mez then single target mez. Please please fix.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Aviak

As much as I would love for aoe mez to be overwritten, evidence shows that this was not the case.

It was changed eventually, but no one can say when. For the people still insisting that it could be overwritten, you need to provide actual evidence to support when this change was implemented or the developers won't change it.

I've been searching for any information that provides time frames or any other information, but I've come up with nothing. I'm still looking...

Thread on The Runes in 2003, AOE could be overwritten:

Quote:
Think this has a lot to do with when you grew up. Myself, I'm from the era when you couldn't overwrite AE mez with regular mez. At that time, it was always easy to tell which enchanters were prone to AE mezzing...they were the dead ones. Anyway, for me it's always been single target mez, maybe backed up with pb ae stuns and/or root.
Another old enchanter guide that also states aoe mez can't be overwritten:

Quote:
One thing an enchanter might notice at this stage is that different versions of the various mesmerization spells will not overwrite one another. If a target is mesmerized, he cannot be enthralled. If a target was mesmerized with Mesmerization, he cannot be re-mesmerized with Mesmerize. Consequently, using these spells together takes some organization.
Last edited by colleekitty; 05-03-2012 at 09:35 PM..
Closed Thread