Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

Default Pick Pocket

Shouldn't pick pocket only be availabe on NPCs classified as Humanoids?

A few posts here on Google groups stating:

1) Must be Humanoid
2) Must be Non Undead Humanoid?
3) Some exceptions -- Goos (Possibly only Non-Humanoids that hold Platinum?)

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.g...rch+this+group

Scarabs in Sebilis shouldn't be able to be Pick Pocketed

Seafuries in Ocean of Tears? (These are classified as Humanoids though I think)

Allizseur? (Humanoid again I think)

Anyone think of any other NPCs that are pickable that shouldn't be?
Old 08-15-2012, 02:06 AM
Developer

Only certain types of NPCs can be pickpocketed, pending update.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Kobold

Default Pick Pocket issue

I finally started leveling my rogue, which is a clone of my main on live (from October 1999 to present). I'm now level 10, and have had the pick pocket skill for a few levels. Whenever I try to pick pocket guards or NPC's, I am getting a message that says "You are too inexperienced to pick pocket this target." I've never seen or heard of this message before, and know for a fact it didn't exist on live because I used to do fly by pick pocket attempts on guards and NPCs all the time, getting myself killed quite a few times too. Anyway this can be removed? There should be no max level that a character can pick pocket from.

Edit:
Also the way pick pockets chooses how much coin to take seems off. The way it worked was that once the game decided which kind of coin you were going to take (gold, silver, copper, etc.) the most you could take was half of however many of that coin the mob had and you could never take their last coin of any kind. One giveaway that a rogue was pick pocketing was if most mobs dropped 1 gold, 1 silver, 1 copper frequently. So if a gnoll pup started with 7 copper, you could take 3 copper, then 2 copper, then 1 copper, then you couldn't steal anymore even though it has 1 copper left. The only way to get that last copper would be to loot it. On P1999 it is letting me take all of a mobs coin, and then even telling me that the mob has nothing left to steal. I've never seen that message on live either.

Edit 2:
I did a google search of the exact quote that I receive when I unsuccessfully try to pick pocket a high level npc, and the only results that came up are from an upload of the EQemu source code. This leads me to believe that this is just an artifact of the EQemu code and not something that intentionally exists on P1999

P99:
Nubben, Level 16 Rogue
Last edited by Nubben; 08-21-2012 at 09:19 PM..
Old 08-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Developer

Quote:
I am getting a message that says "You are too inexperienced to pick pocket this target." I've never seen or heard of this message before, and know for a fact it didn't exist on live because I used to do fly by pick pocket attempts on guards and NPCs all the time, getting myself killed quite a few times too. Anyway this can be removed?
Fixed, pending update.

Quote:
There should be no max level that a character can pick pocket from.
This is incorrect. However, the current way the server calculates that max level is wrong. That has been corrected, pending update.

Quote:
Also the way pick pockets chooses how much coin to take seems off. The way it worked was that once the game decided which kind of coin you were going to take (gold, silver, copper, etc.) the most you could take was half of however many of that coin the mob had and you could never take their last coin of any kind.
Fixed, pending update.

Quote:
On P1999 it is letting me take all of a mobs coin, and then even telling me that the mob has nothing left to steal. I've never seen that message on live either.
Fixed, pending update.

Nice addition, Nubben.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Banned

Awesome work Treats + Nubben
Old 08-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Banned

my pockets are hating all of you right now

(jk good work guys!)
Old 08-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Kobold

Glad I was able to help, all my knowledge of classic EQ came through the eyes of my rogue (the only character I played past level 15 until LDoN or so), so any other issues I run into with the class I'll be sure to post here. I think Intimidation (Instill Doubt) will be my next one, it seems way off from what I've seen on my monk.

P99:
Nubben, Level 16 Rogue
Old 09-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

This isn't right.

Rogues could steal from a lot of things on live that weren't humanoid. I just noticed that its almost impossible to steal from a lot of stuff in seb (either its impossible, or like 1 in 50). On live, you could do this.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Fire Giant

Found this on the Safehouse also, guess this is why Rogues were never doing this on Live:

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/s...ead.php?t=2855

Quote:
List of reasons hide will break
Bard Song
Area of Effect (AOE) Spells
Someone casts a spell on you
Looting a corpse
Dealing with a merchant/banker
Successful Instill Doubt
Pickpocket (success OR fail)
Zoning or logging out Zato Thornblade the Dwarven Rogue
Old 09-08-2012, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

Yay! You just found the reason no rogue ever solo pick pocketed anything from a KoS mob, ever! Or perhaps you just sneak :P

I spent a lot... of time pickpocketing hill giants way before I could kill them on live, who btw aren't a viable source of cash for low level rogues on P99 (or arguably anyone else) because of the stupid SK drake, Rharzar who isn't supposed to path around the HG hill, pathing around the HG hill kinda kills everyone.

Making 100+pp in a couple mins on a level 30 rogue while hearing druids in the zone whine about stingy hill giants is something is every rogue should experience. Trailing right behind those big feet, listening to those stomps, and sometimes getting stomped on! That was fun.
Last edited by Cecily; 09-08-2012 at 08:08 AM..