Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-23-2013, 10:32 PM
Large Rat

Ah I see what you mean... moved the folder out of program files and was able to edit it thanks.
Last edited by Scorpoe; 05-23-2013 at 10:36 PM..
Old 07-07-2013, 06:16 AM
Large Rat

I'm curious. Was enabling Luclin models never actually possible in Project 1999 or was it interfering with the server operation in any way?
Old 07-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

Enabling Luclin models is still possible and it does not interfere with server operation at all. It's all done client-side. As such, only the person that enables Luclin models can see Luclin models.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Wsock.dll and Eqgame.dll Woes

I'm having difficulty in getting this to work.

I know that by using the EQEmulauncher I patch the globalload.txt files so I lose any changes. When I try using the "eqgame.exe" instead I receive and error that is entitled "Project 1999" and it states:

Please delete wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll from your Everquest Titanium Directory.

When I search for both those files they are not found in the Sony folder. Using the Windows search option yields no results either.

The only trace of these two files are in the 787.xml file (located in EQUEmulauncher/files/) the last three lines read as:
<delete clienttype="Titanium">/wsock32.dll</delete>
<delete clienttype="Titanium">/eqgame.dll</delete>
</getServerFiles>

I saw a post by Vitalious about this issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, ill take the time to help people the best i can. Im a little knowledgeable when it comes to computers so i should be able to dumb it down. I had the issue, found the files and just deleted them.

Extract the zip file(changes14) to your sony->EQ file.
When it asks to replace other files, say yes.
Now finding wsock and eqgame.dll. Generally they are a couple of the last files in that folder, but if they arent. click on one of the icons and hit the "w" key over and over. Your selection will change from file to file that starts with a "w". Go slowly until you find Wsock.dll and delete it. The same goes for eqgame.dll, except hit the "e" key. If you cant find these files, make sure you didnt place them somewhere else. Go back to your basic "sony" file directory, which means the main folder by hitting the up arrow on a folder icon at the top of your window. Then hit control+F on your keyboard. Type in the file name, select search all files and folders and hit search. When it comes up, write down the location and then go to that file location.
What ZIP file is he talking about? Anyone have any pointers on what to do at this point? Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

First, see the guide in my signature about running P99 without EQEmuLauncher. No offense to the creator of that program, but it causes me more trouble than its worth (it doesn't work easily on ubuntu and I am answering questions all the time in Tech Disc forums about it).

Second, I think Danyelle has the best guide for enabling luclin models:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...00&postcount=2

Third, Luclin models suck.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:35 AM
Banned

I can't get them to work.

I'm using falkun's method of running the game without the eqemulator client, so it doesn't patch over my editing of globalload.

I have everything correct and I have ran the program several times and double checked the globalload file.

What do I do?
Old 07-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I used Falkun's method after I was experiencing difficulties and it worked like a charm.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Aviak

I got all the player/character models activated, but is there a way to activate the world textures from Luclin?
Old 08-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Reppy Send a message via AIM to Reppy Send a message via Yahoo to Reppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamzal Sherbet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this thread should be deleted and everyone in it banned
^^ Because people that use really do not wish to see the smudged pixel from a psx version, Your post is invalid and about as pointless as me replying to it. Whatever people want to use to play should be fine, I support Luclin/Classic as it does not effect me or anything with anyone else. If it makes people play and we get a increase in population I say use it, Not only that it has been bashed to death, people do not even know who is using them. I like to switch back and forth from classic to luclin models over periods of time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Reppy; 08-13-2013 at 10:40 AM..
Old 08-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Reppy Send a message via AIM to Reppy Send a message via Yahoo to Reppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariaz88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used Falkun's method after I was experiencing difficulties and it worked like a charm.
The way I have mine set up is I made a folder in my Backup, One is named Classic, Luclin, Velious the actually cut and paste the Global_chr.s3d and global4_chr.s3d and swap them in and out to change them, Once you open you EQ folder it is in that folder I believe, I would have to look again. Either in there or the resource folder I would have to look when I get home. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Make sure to Save your Default one and make a classic folder for back up, Just in case you ever want to go back...