Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 12:48 PM
Fire Giant

Default Stormfeather camp list?

I recently went into iceclad and thought let me check on stormfeather area to see how many people are camping it, figured i'd give the 28 hrs a try.

Upon sending a tell to Askarious an afk msg came back explaining there is 9 people on a list like AC?

Since when is stormfeather a camp list? if it is i just need some prompting to understand it, on live it was a first to tag or dps race. We didn't have these ill put my friends on it and alts list that made it unreasonably long and impossible for anyone to finish quests.

And AC i can see, its mq'able... But stormfeather page isn't.

Anyone know when this happened?
Old 06-05-2019, 12:53 PM
Aviak

This is when it "happened" - https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=211886

It's never been FTE and has always been treated as a camp.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

Camps on this server, like Stormfeather require only that a person be present the longest to claim a static spawn like this one. Once they leave the camp, they are permitted to "hand it off" to someone else. The list is the hand off, if no one on the list if present when the 1st person leaves, the camp is now yours.
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 06-05-2019, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

FYI lists only work for the next person (current camp holder is only responsible to hand it off to the next person on list). Once that person takes camp over, they could screw the other 8 people after them and put a guildie next on list.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FYI lists only work for the next person (current camp holder is only responsible to hand it off to the next person on list). Once that person takes camp over, they could screw the other 8 people after them and put a guildie next on list.
Very true, and definitely something I think the staff should consider changing (especially with the imminent release of Green which undoubtedly will have more camp lists).

There's just no overall/systemic benefit I can see to letting people pass camps to their friends/guildies: all it does is create tons of possibilities for players to "game the system", lock camps up, etc. I really think the system would just work better overall if everyone was required to maintain a list (if asked) and required to pass the camp (and list) off to the next person when they're done.

Of course there may well be some CSR angle I'm not considering which makes such a change bad for them, but I hope they at least consider the idea.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

Paying well for loot rights
Old 06-05-2019, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very true, and definitely something I think the staff should consider changing (especially with the imminent release of Green which undoubtedly will have more camp lists).

There's just no overall/systemic benefit I can see to letting people pass camps to their friends/guildies: all it does is create tons of possibilities for players to "game the system", lock camps up, etc. I really think the system would just work better overall if everyone was required to maintain a list (if asked) and required to pass the camp (and list) off to the next person when they're done.

Of course there may well be some CSR angle I'm not considering which makes such a change bad for them, but I hope they at least consider the idea.
Pretty sure that by allowing to be put on the list you agreed on an player list and have to honor the current list,and that it's in essence a player agreement then that gm can enforce...
Old 06-05-2019, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure that by allowing to be put on the list you agreed on an player list and have to honor the current list,and that it's in essence a player agreement then that gm can enforce...
Well so yes and no.

First off, the rules lawyer in me is inclined to agree with Legidias: based on my readings of past rulings I think that if player A is doing a camp and has players B, C, and D on the list, once player B takes over they can say "screw you C and D, I'm giving the camp to my friend E next". But I'm also not aware of any explicit/clear ruling on the matter (let alone a recent one), so maybe the staff already does force B to honor the list and give camp to C? I don't think anyone knows for certain what the staff would do (it might even vary from GM to GM), so this scenario is more "clarification needed" than "new rule needed" I guess.

But meanwhile there's a whole separate issue, which is that A is in no way obligated to setup a list in the first place. B can show up and say "hey A, I see you're camping ____, I'd like to camp it next once you get your item", and (again, AFAIK) A can say "suck it B, I'm giving the camp to C, and he's going to give it to D, who will give it to E, all of whom are my guildies/friends, so maybe come back next week and maybe if we're tired of it by then you can have it."

It seems to me that it'd be healthier overall to just make A be forced to give the camp to the next person waiting on a first come, first serve basis, and not have the option to keep passing the camp infinitely to friends/guildies.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

My statement is based on real experience, both personal and anecdotal from other people, that lists are only enforceable for the single next person.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's a big yikes from me