Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 04:06 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even a druid still takes way longer than the above.
i can level someone up as a druid pretty quickly. agro with lowest level fire spell. it does 10 damage. as ling as the person getting PL'd does 11 or more points of damage to each mob, then it's all gravy.

find an off hour in unrest and you can do 1-20 in a couple hours. maybe less. i would charge 2k. i charge 1k/hour for PL sessions.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abominog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ha. Actually I agree with you. For me PLing is lame and I'd rather just play the game. But I want plats and have a character that I think I can PL with, so I wanted to find out what's what.
This is an over simplified summary of PL'ing in my own humble opinion:

Bards : best PL'er , can do all the way to 60 if they desired. You can aoe non damage aggro, silly DS stacking potential, regen and every other tool in the book

Druid: can probably take you up to 40ish before it just becomes out of group duo which is probably the loosest version of a "powerlevel" you can feasibly describe. Really just heal snare thorns is all you need

Enchanter: aoe non damage aggro, runes, some neat DS stackability but ultimately, I think you need somewhat decent gear to do this past like level 15 and it's still basically on par with druid imo.

Flop PL (necro monk): slowest , most tedious method. FD class nearly kills mob, you have to finish it off. Only works with 1 mob at a time. Not really even a PL, I wouldnt pay for this service but if a friend offered to do it, then sure I'll participate. The monk will get a red con mob to 5% and it starts fleeing while you furiously try to do 5% damage to the red con mob on your low level wizard with no skills or mana whatsoever and then the other half the time the monk / necro will accidentally kill the mob before scenario one can ensue.

The real draw of powerleveling is being able to use a high level bard. If you're not using a high level bard then you're already only capable of PL'ing for roughly half the total levels in the game and not even the profitable half. You can charge by the hour but I feel this is not a good way to operate if you are a sane person. Imagine the effort of PL'ing someone and know you still have 48 minutes before you get another tick of 500p.

This my 2cents on PL's
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-10-2019, 05:32 PM
Sarnak

druid can do 1-20 in acouple hours easily if you know what you're doing. they can do 1-30 pretty efficiently after that you'll need a bard
Old 07-10-2019, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

Im not saying a druid is slow. Im saying mass AE aggro and DS is better. Druids get the DS part but not the non-dmg ae aggro. 10 doesnt seem like much damage, but when its a lvl 1-5 and mobs are upper teens, they will miss 90% of the time and do 1 dmg 10% of the time.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:26 PM
Banned

A 60 druid with DS gloves, clicky regen, clicky snare, clicky sow, and ring and semi decent gear can PL to low 40s no problems.

I've done it.

But post level 30 it slows down rather fast. 1-30 I would say is optimal druid PL range. 30-40 rather slow but 100% doable.

Clicky snare gloves are used to pull with and provide a nice non dmg agro component also good for pulling a bunch of mobs in as the already agroed mobs are slinking toward you now beating on you as you stop to pull.

Druid PL efficiency comes in the form of clickies and avoiding using as much mana as possible aka limit the med times.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

you dont expend any mana really as bard or enchanter when you low level PL. Just 2-3 AE aggro and have them go at it. Bard uses 0 mana, enchanter maybe 5-15% (maybe more if bedlam'd)

Clicky = slow cast time, and when youre gathering 20+ mobs, that adds up.

Again, not terrible, but not the best PL. I always enjoyed druid PL when availble but by far bard or enchatner is better for that 1-20.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A 60 druid with DS gloves, clicky regen, clicky snare, clicky sow, and ring and semi decent gear can PL to low 40s no problems.

I've done it.

But post level 30 it slows down rather fast. 1-30 I would say is optimal druid PL range. 30-40 rather slow but 100% doable.

Clicky snare gloves are used to pull with and provide a nice non dmg agro component also good for pulling a bunch of mobs in as the already agroed mobs are slinking toward you now beating on you as you stop to pull.

Druid PL efficiency comes in the form of clickies and avoiding using as much mana as possible aka limit the med times.

This guy gets it. If you have the right clickies druids are more efficient at AE ds killing than bards bc druids can heal. Even without clickies you can still do it well but if you are pulling dispelling mobs mana can become an issue to re-ds
Old 07-11-2019, 09:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Flop PL (necro monk): slowest , most tedious method. FD class nearly kills mob, you have to finish it off. Only works with 1 mob at a time. Not really even a PL, I wouldnt pay for this service but if a friend offered to do it, then sure I'll participate. The monk will get a red con mob to 5% and it starts fleeing while you furiously try to do 5% damage to the red con mob on your low level wizard with no skills or mana whatsoever and then the other half the time the monk / necro will accidentally kill the mob before scenario one can ensue.
This made me lol.... as an SK (not mentioned in the flop PL :cry: ) I've had this happen several times trying to "PL" a friend.... never for plat tho... lol
Old 07-11-2019, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

I have a 49 enchanter in rags i never use(not played in ages) Can i PL a druid friend of mine from 24 to 30? How would I go forward? Help appreciated
Old 07-11-2019, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Do damage with charm pet, break pet to lose attributed damage, Druid finishes mob.

You can also do a reversed version where the Druid kills the pet. Previously if you /duel you could XP off charm pets.

If that is still a feature, you can /pet guard and spam back off on your pet while the duelling Druid kills it with dots.
Closed Thread