Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 07:11 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default First character - Warrior

I love the warrior and it will probably always be my favorite class to play, but once again I'm on the struggle of being able to get decent gear and exp. Any tips for me? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:30 PM
Fire Giant

Gear helps a lot for a warrior. What race are you? I would stiffest focusing on getting plat as you level. Sell CB belts, bone chips, silk.... if you're in Qeynos area, the are plenty of quests to gain wealth.

You can get some decent gear for a reasonable price. There is a guild (Ways of Yore) that could take you in, I imagine.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:36 PM
Fire Giant

Warrior was my first char here, yes it was long and tough
And it took a year to be 60 after playing a good amount each month.
But it was worth it. You'd be surprised what a warrior can solo for self gains
And alt chars....
As far as gear, if you don't find a cash camp, or make friends/gulld, you'll be poked at by many. But it is,imo, the toughest and most self rewarding career.
Have fun!

P.s. Maybe I have spear gear, maybe I don't.
Old 09-30-2016, 02:54 AM
Planar Protector

Warrior is a great first class/class to self fund. Chasing gear gives you a real sense of character progression.

If you are willing to trade with other players bone chips, hq bear pelts, spiderling silk and leather padding all sell well in East Commonlands.

On my warrior I spent much of my teens killing willowisps until they stopped giving xp and turned them all in to gypsies in North Karana.

A green jade broad sword or Kunzar Ku`Juch will cost you about 50pp. Your secondary weapon isn't as important until you reach 150 duel wield/double attack skill. You can buy this by level 5 if you focus on decaying skeletons. Until then a rusty/tarnished two hand weapon is sufficient.

A set of banded armour 100pp and some platinum/velium fire wedding rings 250/500pp each. These will keep you sufficiently tanky for a long time. Maybe quest the 'crafted armor' line if you can afford the gems.

Get a ~20% haste for a couple of k as soon as possible. If you reach level 46 before you save up for haste then tag along to plane of sky with various guilds and they will probably let you loot a belt of contention.

Keep your eyes open for high levels in Kithicor Forest, you can probably convince them to help you get a scimitar of Ykesha. Similarly high level druids / rogues in Steamfont may give you the opportunity to loot a Trochilic's Skean.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

*turned them greater lightstones all in to gypsies*
Old 10-02-2016, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

wisp island anyone?
Old 10-03-2016, 12:30 PM
Large Rat

Hey there, I just came to this server and rolled my first character ever which is an iksar warrior. I'm having the most fun I've ever had playing any game and enjoying the hunt for gear. As mentioned above you might need to farm even on greens that give no xp. Between Kurns and the pit I've collected and sold over 1K plat so far in bone chips. I'd look for a full set of banded, jaded sword and a jarden trident (50 plat each) and some HP rings.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

I would go for staff of battle at 400p, i think thats best aggro for the price.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:46 AM
Sarnak

IMO you don't need to be tanking 100 percent of the time. It really is all about positioning and rooting and grabbing agro first so it evenly spread once the dps of your group starts kicking in. As Naethyn has said time and time again, procs don't mean everything, its more about the white damage and getting in a few good swings, especially if you can pull first (although most warriors prefer to have their food served to them heh)
Old 10-04-2016, 09:01 AM
Orc

bone chips sell for 10p a stack, good way to make money in the beginning
Closed Thread