Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

Default Failed Thurgadin MQ help

I'm not really sure where to post this.

I was doing a thurgadin armor MQ for my druid, gearing him up with what little I had over the last few days. I'd gotten four of my pieces already, and while MQ'ing was new to me, I was pretty familiar with it by now. I know I turned into the right NPC, and I know it was the right gems, but I didn't receive anything after. It was the leather legs, and that 12k felt like 12 million to me. I had to sell my CoS, the only thing I've ever had of value above 5k, with just the hope of finding someone who could MQ the legs and bp with that budget.

I feel really numb and just don't know what to do. I don't think the monk that turned in his legs made a mistake, and now I'm worried whoever tries to do a turn-in/MQ next might get screwed up because of my gems.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Is there anything I can do at this point?
Old 04-17-2019, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not really sure where to post this.

I was doing a thurgadin armor MQ for my druid, gearing him up with what little I had over the last few days. I'd gotten four of my pieces already, and while MQ'ing was new to me, I was pretty familiar with it by now. I know I turned into the right NPC, and I know it was the right gems, but I didn't receive anything after. It was the leather legs, and that 12k felt like 12 million to me. I had to sell my CoS, the only thing I've ever had of value above 5k, with just the hope of finding someone who could MQ the legs and bp with that budget.

I feel really numb and just don't know what to do. I don't think the monk that turned in his legs made a mistake, and now I'm worried whoever tries to do a turn-in/MQ next might get screwed up because of my gems.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Is there anything I can do at this point?
What happened is someone has turned in quest items to that NPC, but not all of them so the NPC didn't reward them. Perhaps intentional (to screw people like you for troll lols) or by mistake.

Unfortunately you have zero recourse, the staff will never assist with failed MQs. Also yes, everyone going forward until the NPC dies or a server reset is now unable to use that NPC for the quests.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:38 PM
Banned

It's possible somebody turned in only a portion of this quest before you. Which would then screw up your own MQ.. You can try to petition it, but as far as i know, staff does not get involved with MQ's..

Also- MOST folks selling MQ's ask for payments AFTER the successful MQ. Meaning- a failed MQ would not be at your expense but at the sellers. Sounds like your seller did not offer you that option? That's unfortunate. Maybe you could ask the seller to refund half the price?
Old 04-17-2019, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

If someone had turned items,then the guy selling the mq would have received the reward...
Possibilities include:
* one of you did not have the needed faction... You both need to have the correct faction...
* you made an error with the gems (gave them stacked? Are you sure it was the correct ones? You gave 3?)
* the guy screwed you... (some npc talk for each item turn in, not sure if that one does, but did it said sonething after the guy claimed he had turned in? If yes it would rule out a scam...)
Old 04-17-2019, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What happened is someone has turned in quest items to that NPC, but not all of them so the NPC didn't reward them. Perhaps intentional (to screw people like you for troll lols) or by mistake.

Unfortunately you have zero recourse, the staff will never assist with failed MQs. Also yes, everyone going forward until the NPC dies or a server reset is now unable to use that NPC for the quests.
Is that something that genuinely happens? That someone would try to troll a turn-in NPC? Who would do something like that? I really hope it was some kind of mistake, because the idea that someone would do it on purpose is unsettling.

So CSR won't help at all? Not even to reset the NPC so it doesn't happen to someone else? Cobi Frostbeard is the NPC, if anyone is wondering so you know to stay away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's possible somebody turned in only a portion of this quest before you. Which would then screw up your own MQ.. You can try to petition it, but as far as i know, staff does not get involved with MQ's..

Also- MOST folks selling MQ's ask for payments AFTER the successful MQ. Meaning- a failed MQ would not be at your expense but at the sellers. Sounds like your seller did not offer you that option? That's unfortunate. Maybe you could ask the seller to refund half the price?
I've just been paying in full at the bank before the turn-ins. I had no idea that it was common practice to wait until after, I just assumed this was how it was done. But when the turn-in failed, he didn't offer to re-imburse and I didn't ask. I knew a failed MQ could happen, but I always assumed it would have to be my fault. I didn't realize someone totally third-party could screw it up and I'd be left holding the bag, if that's what happened.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If someone had turned items,then the guy selling the mq would have received the reward...
Possibilities include:
* one of you did not have the needed faction... You both need to have the correct faction...
* you made an error with the gems (gave them stacked? Are you sure it was the correct ones? You gave 3?)
* the guy screwed you... (some npc talk for each item turn in, not sure if that one does, but did it said sonething after the guy claimed he had turned in? If yes it would rule out a scam...)
I triple and quadruple checked my gems, and turned them in un-stacked like always. I'm super paranoid about turn-ins for just this reason, although this is the first time I've ever had one fail, MQ or otherwise.

I don't know about his faction, but mine is kindly - I've already got 4 pieces from the same NPC over the last day and the character in question is level 5, so I haven't killed anything that could screw it up.

At this point, I have no reason to assume the monk did anything wrong or wasn't factioned properly. He came from a good guild, and I just took him at his word.

Edit: I forgot to answer your last point, but no the NPC didn't have any dialogue that I could see. But he hasn't for any other turn-in I've done either, so I just assumed everything was fine like always.
Last edited by Indecisive; 04-17-2019 at 02:05 PM..
Old 04-17-2019, 02:06 PM
Kobold

I've had a failed MQ. It sucks, but it is the nature of using an exploit. There is some risk involved. GMs aren't going to help you. Basically it happens when someone before you did the quest wrong.

As far as faction, make sure that the MQer hails the turn in mob. This will allow you to verify his/her faction. If they do not get the correct reply, no dice. Most people don't get this part wrong though (at least on the selling side).

Whenever this happens, however, no payment transaction should occur, since the service requested was not supplied.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumpz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've had a failed MQ. It sucks, but it is the nature of using an exploit. There is some risk involved. GMs aren't going to help you. Basically it happens when someone before you did the quest wrong.

As far as faction, make sure that the MQer hails the turn in mob. This will allow you to verify his/her faction. If they do not get the correct reply, no dice. Most people don't get this part wrong though (at least on the selling side).

Whenever this happens, however, no payment transaction should occur, since the service requested was not supplied.
Yeah, I just spoke to a Guide and they informed me there's nothing they'll do. I was kind of surprised they won't even kill the NPC to reset him so it won't happen to another player, but it is what it is I guess.

I probably should have taken a screenshot, but I don't even remember the name of the monk at this point. All I remember is what guild he was in. I was so shocked and numb from seeing almost half my bank account disappear into nothing that everything else kind of faded away.

How did you get over the MQ failure? I feel so sick about it I don't even know if I want to play anymore.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I just spoke to a Guide and they informed me there's nothing they'll do. I was kind of surprised they won't even kill the NPC to reset him so it won't happen to another player, but it is what it is I guess.

I probably should have taken a screenshot, but I don't even remember the name of the monk at this point. All I remember is what guild he was in. I was so shocked and numb from seeing almost half my bank account disappear into nothing that everything else kind of faded away.

How did you get over the MQ failure? I feel so sick about it I don't even know if I want to play anymore.
A month ago, a guy came on forums whining about accidentally handing a guard 50,000p (the entirety of his dial a port druid savings).

A week later he updated the thread saying "Shrug im over it"
Old 04-17-2019, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don't know about his faction, but mine is kindly - I've already got 4 pieces from the same NPC over the last day and the character in question is level 5, so I haven't killed anything that could screw it up.

At this point, I have no reason to assume the monk did anything wrong or wasn't factioned properly. He came from a good guild, and I just took him at his word.
If some third party deliberately messed up the quest NPC, then when your monk associate handed in his piece he would have got the reward. You can decide whether or not you know him well enough to determine whether he would have told you if that happened, or let you blindly continue.

Other, probably more likely case is that the other person turning in the item lacked sufficient faction. When that happens, the NPC simply eats his item, and now that NPC has your gems on it and is going mess up the next turn-in should the next turn-in be an MQ attempt. A non-MQ, direct turn-in should still work in that the person doing will still receive his armor piece.

EDIT: Of course there's also the possibility of a straight-up scam where the other player never had the item in the first place (or, at least, never turned it in). That being said, thurg-armor scams are exceedingly rare since few people want to risk GM action over the relatively small gains to be made.

Absolutely all of the Thurgadin quest NPCs have associated dialogue.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 04-17-2019 at 02:57 PM..
Closed Thread