Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 05:22 PM
Aviak

Default Monk - Creative Solo Spots 53+

Hi,

I am looking for some creative solo spot ideas for my 53 Monk. I am fairly well geared but don’t have a ton of playtime and need to AFK often these days. I need some spots that aren’t super overcamped. I am fine with just random trash mobs etc.

I tried Raptors in TD but they have huge aggro ranges and were a bit annoying. I tried BW but the sheer number of pathing mobs were really annoying causing lost time when I had to FD with enemies at like 30% HP because I couldn’t tank 2 for an extended period.

If anyone has any interesting suggestions I am all ears!

Here is my Magelo: https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Wenanei
Old 07-03-2019, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone knows I love to plug the Per-Level guide for situations like these, but I'll be the first to admit that the guide has (literally) zero places that are specifically "good for" Monks (I could have sworn it used to have one, but some Monk must have tried it, not liked it, and removed the "Good for monks" part).

In any case, I hope this thread yields some answers, because the guide could really use some great Monk spots [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: No! It looks like there's a bug in my code or something, because the guide does have (a very few) Monk spots. It still needs a ton more so I hope this thread works out, but I'll get to work on fixing the code so the very few "Good for Monk" spots show up when you click the "Monk" filter.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-03-2019 at 05:49 PM..
Old 07-03-2019, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Neriak 3rd gate cleric guards are super easy on 6m40s timer, drop fine steel. Just need enough push to keep them from CH.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neriak 3rd gate cleric guards are super easy on 6m40s timer, drop fine steel. Just need enough push to keep them from CH.
Thanks! This is a good idea. I have epic and a moss covered twig so I can definitely give that a try.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks! This is a good idea. I have epic and a moss covered twig so I can definitely give that a try.
Read Rygar's Hole guide, he knows every square inch about that zone and solo'd there to 60 on his monk with gear not quite as good as yours
Old 07-03-2019, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this http://wiki.project1999.com/Jabon_T%60Kix you're referring to? And/or ... http://wiki.project1999.com/Ithvol_K%60Jasn, http://wiki.project1999.com/Jsvan_Zexus, http://wiki.project1999.com/Perrir_Zexus?

Just want to get the hunting guide entry correct.

EDIT: P.S. The filters are now working again in the Per-Level guide, and with them back I can happily report that with Ravager's latest suggestion there are now a whopping 3 whole Monk-specific spots [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-03-2019 at 09:56 PM..
Old 07-03-2019, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, when I was playing my monk, I just stuck to the pather and guards outside the guild. There's a SK pather that comes by too, which I'd occasionally tag (but the HT hits hard). The guards in commons are doable too, same level, but they have more hp, hit harder and are a tougher split. There are other guards in 3rd gate too that are easy to split, but I always felt the clerics were squishier.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:33 AM
Fire Giant

as a monk there is no place you cannot solo and afk in between...plus u said ur well geared

KC because there are tons of mobs and xp is not bad, and dogs don't cast spells. even if the zone is packed you can go in and find single mobs

obviously HHK bards and nobles give best xp until 55 if you don't play at server peak times

deep in lguk some are blues, same with solb - classic zones are always easier

second floor/third floor in CoM is also good, but some casters are annoying and there are roamers, they also hit harder
Old 07-04-2019, 05:54 AM
Fire Giant

https://wiki.project1999.com/Zentile...onk_Solo_Guide

Zentile's guide has a lot of good spots which he used at 59. Many of these spots are doable at 53+ as well, except you'll hold down less spawns and might have it take it slower.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

I did a good bit of soloing on the cloud stairs that lead from 2nd to third in CoM. There's 3 goos that spawn there and you can pull some extras from around the area. You can jump off of the stairs onto the roof of a building for a safe afk spot