Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 02:02 AM
Fire Giant

Default Sentient Suit of Armor Waekening lands

Hello

So i decided to Kill 60 of these to see how they compare to wyvern in cobalt scare. As i stated in the wyvern discussion i use to hunt the sentient suits of armor on live and eqmac and so have lots of experience with these mobs.

Here is the loot from 60 Sentient Suit of Armor:

58 Platinum, 484 Gold, 468 Silver, 504 copper.

10 Velium Weapons i.e. two handed sword , Great staff, dagger , scimitar etc.

Cash Gems:

flame agate, crystalilzed sulfure x 3 , Pearl Earing , jade, Emerald, opal x2 , Black Pearl, Golden Pendant, Jade Earing, Jade Ring, Flame agate, Crushed Nephrite, Crushed Diamond Dust.

Quested Armor Gems:

Crush Juandice Gem

Dropped armor piece:

1 Sentient Guantlets

it very obvious that the Sentient armor drops rates of quested armor gems is off. From personal experience i would get 5 to 8 Quested armor gems from these number of kills.

It is extremely obvious that the Sentient armor pieces that these mobs can drop is to put i mildly wrong. it was rare but NOT 1 in 57.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Research / proof:

From reading the boards on various web sites it very common to see that these mob where nerfed repeatadly. The sentient armor piece where hit hard with initial nerfs due to high drop rate when velious released. Quested armor gems rates also nerfed. I am unsure how they ended up as only point of reference i have now is from my personal experience on EQMAC.

Here are the various posts i could find from my research.

Drop Rate
#
Dec 12 2000 at 5:49 PM
Rating: Decent

ArackLifebane
9 posts
Ok in an 8 hour camp with me being the only SK in the group I was able to acquire almost a full suit of Sentient 1 Bracer, 1 Gauntlets, 1 Helm, 1 Boots, 2 Arms
Now we were killing up to 3 of them at a time so the drop rate I would say has been possibley lowered but it is not impossible to get the armor by any means, what appears to be rarer from the Sentient Armor are the Gems for the Velium Armor Quests, we received 3 gems in the time I acquired all of the armor.

------------------------

Dec 11 2000 at 8:32 PM
Rating: Default

Anonymous
Anonymous
Our party looted 2 BPS, 3 greaves, 2 gaunts and a couple bracers all within an 8 hour camp. The stuff is ungodly for SKs. I'm positive it's going to get nerfed, maybe not the armor itself, but the drop rate.
▲ Page top

-----------------------

Jan 08 2001 at 6:22 PM
Rating: Excellent

Anonymous
Anonymous
They seem to vary between level 43 - 46 so they should be all blue to everyone below level 58.

I'm not exactly sure on their HPs but as a Level 54 Druid I need about 3 1/2 bubbs of mana to finish them off using Root, Winged Death and Drones of Doom (0 mana, using ES Vambracers). Best estimate I can make is about 7k HPs +/- 2k.

At my level, I can't pull them single without being very careful, but dont worry if you pull two or more, just run out of range and they will forget you (they really do, if you come back in range they wont chase you any more - first mob I have seen this behaviour).

They have no faction hits on them and are ready to attack to everyone.

They don't drop any coin but can drop any of the following:
- Sentinent Armor (rare, like one drop out of 10 kills. In about 50 kills I got 3 Vambracers and one pair of boots)
- Sentinent Axe (supposedly, I never seen one drop in over 50 kills)
- Velium Weapons (uncommon, about every third has one)
- Quest Gems for velium armors (rare, like one drop out of 10 kills)
- Level 44 research items (as do any other mobs of this level)

I hope this helps.

Itchara Treewhisper
Level 54 Wanderer on Vallon Zek

---------------------

Submited by:*Balthamel On:*6/10/2001 12:53:06 AM
Level range on these is about right at 45, although they do vary a little bit. 59th level Necro told me these are still 70% blue so they can be killed for quite awhile. Easy to solo them with a druid at 50 or so, especially with ES vams once you get Winged Death (since they stack). Just harmony pull them from camp, root, snare dot. Note!! Drops of Sentient Plate and Quest gems have been nerfed. These used to drop about 1 in 5 kills, now it's closer to 1 in 12 or 15. Blah.

Balthamel Rainstaff
55 Preserver
Serving Karana

...sorry, big fight. Now, what were you saying about the PoG quests being Tunare only...

-----------------

Sep 22 2002 at 10:43 AM

Gardengnome
Scholar
25 posts
Have been camping the Sentient Suits off and on over the past couple weeks to get sentient armor for a lower level sk in the guild. From our experience, sentient armor seems to drop off approximately every 10 or 15 kills. Crushed gems drop off about every fifth kill and many velium weapons drop as well. At level 53, the exp is fairly decent. My druid friend snare pulls, I charm, he pulls another and we go to town dotting and watching my charmed "hastened" suit mow down the enemy. A good camp for two mid 50's characters.

Not bad exp for a 53 Druid. Using ES Vambs and a Warden Symbol of Tunare (right clickable root), and Winged Death, these things are easy. Gotta harmony some of the 6 spawn, usually just one. But BEWARE of the trajectories that you pull them! They have weird and odd aggro ranges/trajectories.

The drops are gems = uncommon and armor = rare. Everything is random people, so remember that. I've gotten crushed flame emeralds (1k a piece on Sol Ro), like one every couple of hours, along with many other gems...and no gems in about 3/4 hours. Its random, so don't EXPECT the gems, but its quite possible.

BTW, if you are KOS to TunareanCourt Faction (the fauns and faeries and sifay etc), scout the kite area first! If you are fighting the 6 spawn up behind it (between it and the zone wall closest to it), you will run into NO roamers (if u are not kos to tunarean court though for some of those MAY roam).

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 05-12-2014 at 02:33 AM.. Reason: arranged research post by dates roughly
Old 05-12-2014, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

Default experience from 60 of this sentient suits

though post a reply about experience gains

Garue level 50 war 1 yellow into level 50.

killed 60 sentient suits.

at end of the 60th kill was 15 percent into level 51.

Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 05-13-2014, 02:12 PM
Project Manager

Gem drops have > 10% chance to drop each kill. Hmm.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:45 PM
Fire Giant

heya nilbog

is the gem drop rate just specific to ALL gems a mob can drop (jade, pearl etc PLUS quested armor gems ) or the 10 percent just for the quested armor gems ?

16 total gem item dropped (included the crystalize sulfure) out of 60 kills would be like 26.7 % drop

1 quest armour gem 2 fals quest armor gems(crushed nephrite & Crushed diamond dust) is 5 % drop rate.

Nilbog:

Old 05-14-2014, 02:44 PM
Project Manager

12% for the quest gems
10% for the cash gems

RNG.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:16 PM
Fire Giant

would seem that cash gems need adjusted down on these and quested gems adjusted up.

I am not sure but doesn't the game mechanic consider false armor quest gems (crushed nephrite, chipped black marble etc) as quested armor gems ?

Nilbog:

Old 05-15-2014, 01:23 PM
Project Manager

Not sure what you mean by false armor gems.

For example, refer to the table on this page:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/equi...ousarmour.html

We create the tables for these drops; the game does not. The quest related gems have a higher drop rate than the general cash gems/loot.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what you mean by false armor gems.

For example, refer to the table on this page:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/equi...ousarmour.html

We create the tables for these drops; the game does not. The quest related gems have a higher drop rate than the general cash gems/loot.
I think he just means the gems that are newly introduced with Velious that sound like the quest gems, but aren't actually used for anything besides vendoring. Sounds like you guys already included those as general cash gems with your custom built tables.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:17 PM
Fire Giant

Hi nilbog and ele

Yes what i mean as "false armor gems" is what ele describes.

you get them from most of the same mobs that drop Quested Armor Gems.

Nilbog:

Old 05-16-2014, 05:53 AM
Planar Protector

SO thats EW, skyshrine and WL were the armour is too rare.

get it sorted out!

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Closed Thread