Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 08:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Tormax run speed

I (and most everyone else who wanted to kill him tonight) remember that Tormax's run speed was greater than that of his guards and the other giants nearby. Thus, it was possible to train him and his guards out and split him off when they begin to reset, since he ran back to the throne room faster than they did.

This was the reason he was fought almost exclusively at the zoneline.

Currently, it appears his run speed is the same as his guards. ONly supporting evidence I have is from 2006 unfortunately:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...81017219881946

Can anyone else confirm?
Old 10-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

The deal was that Tormax ran faster than the other giants, so you would pull him all the way to the wakening lands zoneline, he would get there before the other giants, at which point the puller would FD and then the raid would engage.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:48 AM
Planar Protector

The reason he was engaged at zone line was because then his script took a lot longer to become relevant.

When he is aggroed several different Giants will path to him. When you kill at zone line they take forever to get there and you can just aggro them and run them away repeatedly to avoid that mechanic.

It's really a shame cause that's a very tough and challenging fight if you're forced to do it in his room.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:03 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
T
When he is aggroed several different Giants will path to him. When you kill at zone line they take forever to get there and you can just aggro them and run them away repeatedly to avoid that mechanic.
He currently doesn't call for guards. How should this work?
Old 10-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Will research.

But if you fight him in his room at his throne, mobs from the back room path to him.

If you pull it to zone they will path all the way there. They arent aggro linked and won't aggro until they get into proxy aggro range.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Tormax's two 'pets' are linked to him; similar to Vulak and the other dragons.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Steel Warrior 2004

Quote:
KT runs faster then his guards and most everything else in Kael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Remember that while pulling him [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will search for more on the exact 2 names of the mobs that are pseudo linked with him.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:57 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will search for more on the exact 2 names of the mobs that are pseudo linked with him.
If they are the guards directly next to him, it can be Klraggek the Slayer, Velden Dragonbane, Drendar Blackblade, Vkjen Thunderslayer, Irrek Bloodfist. I can make them path to Tormax on aggro.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:11 AM
Project Manager

Increased his runspeed, and linked the bodyguards to follow on aggro. Will need to be tested next patch.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I use to pull this for my guild and I was occasionally able split him from his two linked guards (same with Vindi and his guards). I would pull him and his two guards all the way to the bank, but Tormax would be well ahead (due to run speed). I would then FD and stand again, and his guards would run further away (back up the ramp, before heading down again) due to pathing, while Tormax would run towards me as I pulled him to the zoneline. This would cause him to split from his guards.

I'm not sure if this is due to the tether pathing only lasting up to a certain distance, or me bugging out the pathing. Anyone remember this, or have any information?
Closed Thread